Anand wins World Chess Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
World Number 1 Viswanathan Anand has regained the World Chess crown, which he first won in Teheran in 2000, here on Saturday.

Anand, 37, replaced Vladimir Kramnik of Russia as the champion, winning the Championship with a tally of nine points after playing a quick 20-move draw with Hungarian Super Grand Master Peter Leko in the 14th and final round of a tournament that he dominated from the start.

Congratulations Vishy...

OP
subratabera

subratabera

infra_red_dude said:
nice to see india excelling in many many sports :) congrats to vishwanathan anand. you've made us all proud :)
Just think, if they can do this without getting any recognition or huge CASH prize, what they will do when they get all these...

By the way today Vishy Anand has commented that he is interested to see what reception he gets when he returns home...

Also on a sad note, one of our billiards World Champion and Doha gold medal winner "Ashok Shandilya" commented on a news channel today (ZEE NEWS) that when he returned home after winning the title nobody is there at the airport except his wife and a servent for his reception...and he is feeling to commit suicide on such disgressful behaviour of the government...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Good.Congrats to Anand.Give other sports some recognition.
Recently in football we won the nehru cup.
Hockey - Asia cup
Chess - World Championship
Cricket - T20 world cup
Tennis - we are improving
Kabaddi - koi nahi hara sakta humein kyunki hum hi khelte hai :D

OP
subratabera

subratabera

gaurav_indian said:
Kabaddi - koi nahi hara sakta humein kyunki hum hi khelte hai :D
LOL :D.
By the way...To date, the game is very popular in Japan,Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Maldives, Bhutan, Iran, Sri-Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh(national game!!!) and is making appreciable progress in the West Indies, France and Canada.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
subratabera said:
LOL :D.
By the way...To date, the game is very popular in Japan,Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Maldives, Bhutan, Iran, Sri-Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh(national game!!!) and is making appreciable progress in the West Indies, France and Canada.
lol west indies wale kabaddi kabaddi kaise bolte honge :lol: itne bade bade lips hote hai unke.:lol:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Vishy is not a full Indian now as he has settled in Spain.So I don't feel like celebrating his success.Maybe he thinks India is not worth living.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
Vishy is not a full Indian now as he has settled in Spain.So I don't feel like celebrating his success.Maybe he thinks India is not worth living.
hmm i didnt know that.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

The_Devil_Himself said:
As far as someone represents India, he deserves the reward and our welcome...At least I think so...And there must be reasons for his decision of settling abroad...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
he he for a sec I thought it was our own anandk :p .. later realised this was what I saw in the news :p .. congrats Anand :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
infra_red_dude said:
nice to see india excelling in many many sports :) congrats to vishwanathan anand. you've made us all proud :)

Yes, congratulations to Anand, but.....is Chess a sport ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom