An i3 or i5 SYSTEM for under 32K

Mr.Digital

Broken In
Hello All,

My friend wants an i3 or i5 (only) system for under 32K.

The system will be used for internet surfing & some simple latest games. Graphic card under 7K will do. He also wants external TV tuner, so suggest monitor(18.5" or 20" LCD wide screen) & TV tuner BOX together.

Please suggest the system on above lines only. NO variations please.

Piyush

Lanaya
Hello All,

My friend wants an i3 or i5 (only) system for under 32K.

The system will be used for internet surfing & some simple latest games. Graphic card under 7K will do. He also wants external TV tuner, so suggest monitor(18.5" or 20" LCD wide screen) & TV tuner BOX together.

Please suggest the system on above lines only. NO variations please.

if the graphics card budget is included in 32k,then i dont think it is possible to build an i5 system

tell him to better go for AMD way

u know why?
see this

i5 proccy + p55 based mobo will cost around 15k
20" monitor will costs 6.5k
graphics card as u mentioned 7k

28.5k till now
there are still many parts left to work upon like RAMs,PSU,cabinet,TV tuner card,HDD,speakers,.....

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
see, I'm not at all interested in intel and hardly have any idea about Intel proccys & mobos, but I'm trying to get a rough outline of the system

i3+mobo - 10k
BenQ 20" - 6.5k
HD5750 - 7.5k
FSP Saga II 500W - 2.8k/ Corsair VX450 - 3.7k
CM Elite 310- 1.5k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 - 2.6k
HDD 500GB WD Blue - 2.1k
DVD RW - 1k
Logitech Combo - .7k

already overshot even if you go for FSP
reduce gfx card to HD5670 for 5.2k and yet it just comes down to around 32k. nothing left for TV Tuner even with 2 GB RAM.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
can somebody please delete the spam and ban this miscreant. Doesn't an automatic spam-guard exist for VB forums like wordpress blogs?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
^^ the spam post was deleted after I posted about it, I wrote that coz it was there for quite some hours.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i3 is not worth. better go for amd. many people in the forum including me have amd and its problem less cool and quite.

Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 5k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.2k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.5k
Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.6k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 2k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Dell S2009W 20" @ 6.8k

Total - 35.4k

to reduce get Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5k and FSP Saga II 400W @ 2k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
useless Jas, his friend is not gonna be convinced with an AMD. These people are like - "What's AMD, never heard of it. I ain't gonna buy some chinese or local product, I want quality product (Intel)."

pegasus

Journeyman
Hello Mr.Digital,
Please do not leave others guessing when asking for suggestions.
Whenever looking at buying a new computer, one should list out all the components they need to buy.
Because many a times, one may have some old components that work fine and won't need to buy a new one of the same.
This helps everyone suggest the right things as they can balance out the various components so that it can give the OP the best configuration for "their exact requirements" and around the specified budget.

Are you restricted to buying only an Intel-based setup?
I am not very aware of the prices at the moment but lease keep your mind open to buying whatever platform suits you best.

That said, i noticed that seniors members have already posted some suggestions and it is good to see people promote the usage of good quality power supplies.

Cool Buddy sir-
I do agree with you that FSP makes some good power supplies.
The FSP350 is available at Rs.1500/- approx and makes a great buy for entry-level computers on a tight budget.
(It's the bare minimum i would suggest to anyone though i wish the cables were a bit longer for sure)
But i am not sure if the FSP500 at Rs.2800/- makes a great buy.
The Corsair CX400 is around Rs.2700/- and has 3 years warranty too- replacement warranty iirc.
What do you think? :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Oh, sure. Actually, I didn't know about the report feature. After reading this I started to look around for a report button and found it. Next time I notice a spam, I'll sure report.

Top Bottom