Amnesia doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk

Beyond the call of duty
Hi
I always used to wonder as to how a person suffering from amnesia (long term) remember alphabets, spellings, pronunciation, speak, read and write.
Why & how does not amnesia affect these also.:confused:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Because amnesia affects the factual memory. If I remember rite (what I'd read) there are two types of memories. Once is the long term memory which stores info about the language you speak, literature, vocabulary etc. and the other which stores facts like whats your name, where do you live, what are you etc. etc. Amnesia affects the latter.

praka123

left this forum longback
there is this film gajhini(tamil) on this disease/which is now remaking in Hindi with Aamir Khan & Asin.

azzu

AJJU
PUNK : u seen EKTA's daily soaps
dont tell me NOT

yup i saw it PRAKAsh bro gajini not bad though
REMAKING it
amir , ASIN (ponds add girl :) )
and ZIYAAA tooo (NISHABD :D )

Last edited:
OP
punk

punk

Beyond the call of duty
infra_red_dude said:
Because amnesia affects the factual memory. If I remember rite (what I'd read) there are two types of memories. Once is the long term memory which stores info about the language you speak, literature, vocabulary etc. and the other which stores facts like whats your name, where do you live, what are you etc. etc. Amnesia affects the latter.

O.K, but Y does amnesia affect only factual memory, or not affect long time memory. persons born and grown in a single place and home also do not remember these things. How does the brain store memory as long term and factual, b'cos a new born kid recognises thing around his home and his people before he learns to read, write etc, then y does'nt he forget these also.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Well I'm no expert at WHY things happen but I seem to know the answer for WHAT is affected by amnesia. A person more qualified in the medical - neurosciences can answer your Qs.

Pathik

Google Bot
praka123 said:
there is this film gajhini(tamil) on this disease/which is now remaking in Hindi with Aamir Khan & Asin.
Its a remake of Christopher Nolan's Memento... Awesome movie that was !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom