America's Army 2.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I just noticed it! America's Army 2.8.4 has been released! Its got new training missions and more ES2 maps. The MOUT McKenna also uses ES2 technology now! It also features a new but faulty Deploy Client system(recently turned optional, thank God!).

Oh, and, Here's the link to their forums to see it's description:
Link:*forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=285007
Oh, and this might also be useful, it's the post that says we can download it directly too now:
Link:*forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=285360
Say, does anyone else play that game here anyway?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nice game. Used to play it long back but ever since they stopped supporting it on Linux, I stopped playing it.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^ Yup, they sure messed it up for themselves! Take this release for instance, they were trying to make all manual downloads invalid by forcing each player to download a Deploy Client which would then download the game freshly! Later it turned out they had to curse the software for all downloads got stuck at 99%! :D. Later, they decided to make it a normal release and made the exe directly downlaodable. Double :D!

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
what's the use? NO SERVERS.

It always takes some time for servers to upgrade. Look at us clients! I, for one, can't upgrade unless digit includes the game in the next DVD(I've been trying for months!) After some time, nearly all servers are gonna upgrade andI'll be left with my old 2.8.3! Then, I'll only be able to play that javelin training(only interesting training map).

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I meant there are no suitable servers to play this game in India. I would rather play Insurgency or Urban terror. With this game I always get a bad ping. So no use.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Bad ping? more than 400? I still play! Sometimes, I still pwn the game at that ping WITH(against) l33t players online! Ping should not cause a lot of problems. Make sure you set your connection type right. Many times, i have a high ping but no lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom