AMDPhenomIIX2+M4A88T-M LE-Help needed to get maximum off this system

tinornit

Broken In
Purpose: Getting the maximum benefit from my current system by Tweaking it to the most possible extent for me to play some FPS single player games released from 2012 till next year.

Current Hardware:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 3.1GHz.
CPU Cooler: Stock AMD cooler which came with CPU.
RAM: 4GB (DRAM Frequency-666.7 Mhz).
Mobo: ASUS M4A88T-M LE ( 880G chipset= HD4250). with PCI e 2.0
Update:
PSU: seasonic s12ii 520

New Hardware I have / will have in few days for this system:
* Corsair 2GB 1333 RAM - Already have it
*120GB SSD Kingston - already have it.
* GPU - will get in few days
A new Sapphire HD7770 with 2 years warranty.
* Casing: Will get in few days - Rs.2600
DeepCool Tesseract BF (without front fan for HDD s) + a UF120mm Deepcool fan(Rs.700)

What I have done till now:
CPU: I searched online and unlocked the core .
Now the CPUz shows processor as: AMD phenom II B50 with 3 cores.
AIDA shows it is TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 450

I request your input / recommendation on:

1. Is it worth it to spend time to make this a quadcore and is there any way I can make it quadCore ? AM i missing something?
(I tried enabling 4 Cores but system will not boot past the windows screen and reboots.
In BIOS, which is latest version 311 released on Aug 8 2012, i have to disable the core 3 and enable core 1, core 2, core 4 for the PC to boot and work.
2. How far can I push the CPU ( overclock ) on the stock cooler.
3. Any other thing I can do to get the most of this system?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, you can't unlock all the four cores, one core is having faulty design and that's why it was disabled in the 1st place. Your processor is not an Athlon II X3 450 as Athlon II lacks the L3 cache, it is more like Phenom II X3 design. With stock cooler, I think you shouldn't try hard because that was designed for a dual core processor, not the triple core currently you're having after unlock.

Top Bottom