AMD Sapphire R7 250

pfx^

Broken In
Hi, I already am planning to buy an AMD Sapphire R7 250 do i need to buy an additional PSU?
Please, suggest which PSU should I buy?
MY SPECS: AMD FX9590
6GB DDR 3 RAM
1TB HDD

I have the rig i don't have the card do i need a PSU with this Card? My budget is 7k on the card.

Of course you need a PSU. how are you going to power the system without a PSU? You'll at least need a 500 W PSU because of that power hungry CPU. Get R7 250 and Seasonci S12II 520. BTW why did you go for FX 9590?

OP
P

pfx^

Broken In
Of course you need a PSU. how are you going to power the system without a PSU? You'll at least need a 500 W PSU because of that power hungry CPU. Get R7 250 and Seasonci S12II 520. BTW why did you go for FX 9590?

Its my uncle's pc i m gonna be using it now. His old card died so the only option i saw was upgrading the card and getting a PSU. Will only run games in medium quality. Was thinking of getting Corsair VS450 and can u please list a LIST OF PSU's appropriate for my card. THANKS!

Its my uncle's pc i m gonna be using it now. His old card died so the only option i saw was upgrading the card and getting a PSU. Will only run games in medium quality. Was thinking of getting Corsair VS450 and can u please list a LIST OF PSU's appropriate for my card. THANKS!

It's not about the graphic card, it's about that CPU which consumes way too much power. You shouldn't have opted for it in the first place. You'll need at least a 500 W PSU.

Antec VP550
Seasonic S12II 520 W

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Why the 9590? That cpu's power consumption is just ridiculous. -_-
And yes, get atleast a 550w. Antec vp550 is a good choice.
Stay away from corsair VS series.

HBK007

Journeyman
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think for 7k OP should get the HD 7770 as I have heard that it offers much better performance than the R7 250.

OP
P

pfx^

Broken In
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think for 7k OP should get the HD 7770 as I have heard that it offers much better performance than the R7 250.

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com
^Is this the card?
I can get this too I just wanted to confirm on the CPU and one of my friend also has a similar rig with an old AMD Phenom tri-core@2.7GHz he also wants to get the same card would he need the same PSU?

HBK007

Journeyman
^Is this the card?
I can get this too I just wanted to confirm on the CPU and one of my friend also has a similar rig with an old AMD Phenom tri-core@2.7GHz he also wants to get the same card would he need the same PSU?
It's always good to have a little headroom for future upgrades and also atleast a PSU of ~450 watt is recommended.

HD7770 is definitely better then R7 250. Actually is'n now also available as R7 250X which is just re-branded HD7770. Better GPU wasn't suggested because the budget initially didn't included a PSU.

^Is this the card?

What do you want to confirm? Have you or have you not already purchased that CPU?

It's always good to have a little headroom for future upgrades and also atleast a PSU of ~450 watt is recommended.

Check his CPU buddy, it alone needs ~250 W of power. Use this wattage calculator to get an estimate- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

HBK007

Journeyman
HD7770 is definitely better then R7 250. Actually is'n now also available as R7 250X which is just re-branded HD7770. Better GPU wasn't suggested because the budget initially didn't included a PSU.

What do you want to confirm? Have you or have you not already purchased that CPU?

Check his CPU buddy, it alone needs ~250 W of power. Use this wattage calculator to get an estimate- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
oh yes, I forgot that he has a freakin 9590......... well the situation just reversed.

Top Bottom