AMD opteron processor has BANT PIN how to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
My dear friends

Actualy when i Buy a new AMD opteron Processor it is already not working properly. It can not give display so send it for replacement and then

after 20 days it replacement i got CPU with BENT PIN in BOX ( It is already BENT)

Now Company not take back for replacement because of Physical Damage

I try to solve this problem with another sharper thing to make PIN strate but even it can not go in CPU socket...

i can not give any more force because of may be PIN breakdown.....

now how can i solve this problem plese any buddy help me it very urgent..!!

Thanks

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
try this
first see that there is no damage 2 the processor where the end of the pin
is connected 2 processor. u may use a magnifing glass 2 c this
then c if there is any chipping of matel on the pin pin itself with magnifing glass. if bothe these things are allright.
then take a tweeser put it clamps right on the bend of pin (the clamps of the tweeser should be fine u could use surgicle tweeser which available on surgical medical shops) then try 2 stright it whithout putting much frorce insted use steady force be patient while doing so. the pon will straightin up. as the pins are made of copper alloy. they can be eaisly bend or straighten if done right with right amount of steady froce applied 2 right point.
PS:- surgicle tweeser u use should be file tweeser used by eye surgens.

OP
P

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
opetron processor 242

and performance is very good.

price i don't know now because it purchased by purchase department but i will repply when i come to know the price.

thanks

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
have tried needle of 18 grade from medical syrenge
i could cover the pin in its cavity
and by gently pushing the needle inwards it could straighten it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom