AMD goes Octacore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Could an OCTA-CORE / DDR3 2133 BE YOUR NEW EXTREME DREAM?

AMD and Intel have a Glass Ceiling of about 5 ghz. before meltdown for the future chips under their current technology curb, so if you can't go up, where DO you go? You go out.
Imagine a (8 core) octocore processor made on the 45 nm. process that was good for about 2.9 ghz. base speed and slated for introduction in late 2009 and then pulled back and shelved due to the surfacing of their newer 32 nm. Magny-Cours 12 core processor. No more need for an octocore processor based on the 45 nm. process. Or is there?
I believe that you will be seeing an octocore 45 nm. 1207 processor in mid 2010. I have absolutely no way to back up this claim except for two things. This processor was manufactured and the Orochi 32 nm Quad core is not slated until 2011 so what do you do in the meantime.

Well it is my OPINION that the 1207 octocore may come out as a workstation or maybe even an Enthusist Chip. Extreme Edition AMD? Could you imagine.. An AMD Extreme Chip. Could it Be? AweSome....!

Okay lets quit dreaming for a minute and look a little closer at this Sandtiger.
Source

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Please post in Intel/AMD channel in Technology News section and please do not create separate threads for every Intel/AMD news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom