AMD Gaming Rig

CPU optimized for Games

• Total voters

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
if you are buying from hyd i highly recommend you to buy components from Arun computers CTC as they offer very good competitive prices..i myself bought a budget gaming pc from them for about 42k..very much satisfied :-D

also refer this thread...this person also bought his pc from arun computers and he also had about your budget

good luck

if you are buying from hyd i highly recommend you to buy components from Arun computers CTC as they offer very good competitive prices..i myself bought a budget gaming pc from them for about 42k..very much satisfied :-D

also refer this thread...this person also bought his pc from arun computers and he also had about your budget

good luck

The funny thing is that it was the "OP" that suggested Arun Computers to Jagannadh, go through the thread again.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The funny thing is that it was the "OP" that suggested Arun Computers to Jagannadh, go through the thread again.

It was I who suggested to Jagannadh to go to Arun Computers for buying an Intel RIG. I myself have bought an Intel RIG in May,12 from Arun computers but the MB Bios chip of Asrock Z77 EXT4 got corrupted and is not booting any OS Installation properly and that's why I intended to buy a AMD Gaming RIG instead.I called Asrock CC but to no avail they say because of improper electric discharge my bios chip got corrupted and it comes under physical damage and is not covered under warranty they say.Also 1 of my RAM slot also got bent while installing CM Hyper 212 Evo cooler. So they are not going to give me a replacement.I am VOUCHING that I will never in my life will go for an Intel RIG ever again.The main thing is every time I need to press CMOS button in order to clear values and boot into the OS Installation on the second time its really frustrating to me to install any OS in this way.

Now I got a good QUOTATION from another shop called PL.Computers which is follows:

AMD FX 8350 -11900,

Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 -10300,

Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB -14850,

Intel 335 240GB SSD -10500,

Seasonic X660 -7500,

Corsair 300R -4250,

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -3000,

Corsair H60 Cooler -3700,

Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1000,

CM 120mm BLUE LED Fans 4Pcs -1700.

TOTAL -68,700.

gameranand

Living to Play
Prices are quite nice. I would suggest you to go for a Corsair SMPS if you can. Also I would have preferred a 7870 instead of 660.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Prices are quite nice. I would suggest you to go for a Corsair SMPS if you can. Also I would have preferred a 7870 instead of 660.

The Corsair HX650 was 8.5k & AX750 was 10.8k which is really costly and out of my budget and I really wanted a fully modular PSU.So I went with the Seasonic X660.Also 7870 is steamrolled by 660 in many tests that I have seen in several reviews.

EXCUSE me if I am posting in the wrong Section I don't know where to post this:-

I wanted to know how much can I sell my old Intel RIG for: Actually it cost me 61.9k in May,2012.
The flipkart prices are actually overpriced but I am posting the wishlist as it will give a rough idea as to the present cost and how much I can actually sell the components in the cabinet.

Flipkart.com: Bavusani-6281's WishList: bavusani-6281 Wishlist

But I got a Quotation of my old RIG from Arun Computers and PL.Computers from CTC,Secunderabad which is as follows:
I bought whole RIG except CPU from Arun Computers (Secunderabad) and 3570k from Golchha Computers (Bangalore)

Intel Core i5 3570k -13950,
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 -10500,
Sapphire 7850 2GB OC -14500,
WD Caviar Black 1TB -6000,
Corsair GS600 -4600,
Corsair 400R -5000,
CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler -2200,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -2850,
Asus 24B3ST DVDRW -1000,
CM 120mm RED LED 2 Fans -900.
TOTAL -61500.
Now CAN anybody tell me for how much can I sell the components for.....

Naxal

Little Kid
sorry but there is recycling..

why buying same / similar products again and again ??

you can reuse almost everything from that Intel CPU :p :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Well thats a restriction with Corsair, anyway Seasonic is equally good its just that Corsair ASS is real nice. As for GPU its your call really, 7870 and 660 are very close in performance and 7870 has other advantages also and I would have chosen it but thats just me.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I am VOUCHING that I will never in my life will go for an Intel RIG ever again

I dont see how Intel is to blame here. Its either asrock or the psu. I am betting the problem was with asrock.

The Corsair HX650 was 8.5k & AX750 was 10.8k which is really costly and out of my budget and I really wanted a fully modular PSU.So I went with the Seasonic X660.Also 7870 is steamrolled by 660 in many tests that I have seen in several reviews.
Corsair CMPSU-650HX NVIDIA SLI and 80+ Certified 650W Modular Power
Corsair CMPSU-750HX NVIDIA SLI and 80+ Silver Certified 750W Modular

The gpu performance order is something like 7850 < 660 < 7870 < 660ti < 7950

EXCUSE me if I am posting in the wrong Section I don't know where to post this:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/139625-how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff.html

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
It was I who suggested to Jagannadh to go to Arun Computers for buying an Intel RIG. I myself have bought an Intel RIG in May,12 from Arun computers but the MB Bios chip of Asrock Z77 EXT4 got corrupted and is not booting any OS Installation properly and that's why I intended to buy a AMD Gaming RIG instead.I called Asrock CC but to no avail they say because of improper electric discharge my bios chip got corrupted and it comes under physical damage and is not covered under warranty they say.Also 1 of my RAM slot also got bent while installing CM Hyper 212 Evo cooler. So they are not going to give me a replacement.I am VOUCHING that I will never in my life will go for an Intel RIG ever again.The main thing is every time I need to press CMOS button in order to clear values and boot into the OS Installation on the second time its really frustrating to me to install any OS in this way.

how did this happen ? power fluctuation ? you were not using a ups?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The intel config i suggested will last for atleast a couple of years with regular hardware updates.. But if you really want amd then here you go... :razz:

Cpu : AMD FX8350 11800
Cooler : CM 212 Evo 2100
Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 13800
GPU : Sapphire VaporX 7950 22500
Ram : Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 2 X 4gb 3050
Hard Disk : Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 6000
Power Supply : Corsair HX650 6500
Optical Drive : Asus DRW-24B3ST 1050
Cabinet : Corsair 300R 4000
TOTAL 70800

Hope this helps Cheeros :)

Out of curiosity I am asking from where did you get the above mentioned price they are very quite nice.Please provide me links or shop walla number if you might.

how did this happen ? power fluctuation ? you were not using a ups?

Yes you got me at during June,12 I have given my UPS for repair and I think it is because of power fluctuation only.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes you got me at during June,12 I have given my UPS for repair and I think it is because of power fluctuation only.

where do you live in Hyderabad? i am using my new PC without UPS and there a lot of power cuts in my area...now i have to buy a UPS...

hitman4

In the zone
Out of curiosity I am asking from where did you get the above mentioned price they are very quite nice.Please provide me links or shop walla number if you might.
All the prices from multiple shops in nehru place, DELHI....
Shops name P.L Computers, Cost to Cost, Computer Empire, Mass Computers & SMC International.

So, the final config from after the discussion is:

CPU-> AMD FX 8350
MOBO-> Asus crosshair V formula
RAM-> Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
GPU-> HD 7950 (or HD7970 if you can accommodate it in your budget)
PSU-> Corsair GS600
CABINET-> Corsair 300R
CPU COOLER-> Corsair H60
Asus 24B5ST DVDRW

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get Asus Sabertooth 990FX at 15K and invest the rest of the money to get Sapphire HD 7970 normal Dual fan version. It is available at Vedant Computer, Kolkata, at 27.8K including tax.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This is what I have decided so far...AMD FX 8350 -11900,Biostar TA990FXE -8300,Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB -14850,Intel 335 240GB SSD -10500,Seasonic X660 -7500,Corsair 300R -4250,Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -3000,Corsair H60 Cooler -3700,Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1000,CM 120mm BLUE LED Fans 4Pcs -1700.TOTAL -66,700.

All the above components except cabby & dvdrw have 3 years warranty and I went through a video walkthrough of AMD FX 8350 overclocking on Biostar TA990FXE to 4.8GHz.It was quite nice and informative.I will do just like that.In the mB bios itself there are 3 preset modes to overclock and if I want to overclock manually also by using T-Overclocker software in windows I can experiment till I reach a stable overclock or what I want(4.8GHz).

I was not able to overclock my Intel rig even to 4.2GHz from 3.2GHz on air using Hyper 212 Evo,it crashes and bsods occur.But now I am going to use H60 cooler so I think it would be very easy to reach even 5.0Ghz.The video I saw has temps touching 68-70degrees on a 4.8GHz overclock. I think that's enough to get good frame rates.

Later on I will SLI with another GTX 660 which crosses GTX 680 performance as well.

These are videos which gives a fair idea of Biostar MB Overclocking:

Overclocking
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhB-0IOwdto

Biostar MB Unboxing
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmaV_x2a8YI

Last edited:
Top Bottom