AMD FX4100 or AMD phenom X4 970 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Lad

Right off the assembly line
I wanna currently build a Gaming PC
having trouble in choosing processor (Budget 7.5k)
AMD FX4100 (or) AMD phenom X4 970 (or) AMD X6 1055t
won't b OC'ing them
PLZ help
also help me choose a GPU -- (6.5k)
How is ATI 6670 and nVIDIA 550ti ????
thanks in Advance :)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
At your budget the best GPU would be GIGABYTE GV-R775OC. Don't go for the 550Ti.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If your budget permits, go for the HD6770. Avoid the GTX550Ti and go for the HD7750 if you cant get the HD6770 in your budget. The 7750 is a good single slot card with performance equaling or better than the GTX550Ti with lower power draw.. By the way, what SMPS/PSU do you have?

As for CPU, go with the Phenom ii X4 970, although if its a purely gaming PC you want, an i3-2100 offers very good performance

OP
K

K.Lad

If your budget permits, go for the HD6770. Avoid the GTX550Ti and go for the HD7750 if you cant get the HD6770 in your budget. The 7750 is a good single slot card with performance equaling or better than the GTX550Ti with lower power draw.. By the way, what SMPS/PSU do you have?

As for CPU, go with the Phenom ii X4 970, although if its a purely gaming PC you want, an i3-2100 offers very good performance

I am Gonna Buy FSP Saga 2 500W

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Thats a decent PSU and will support the cards mentioned... If you do go for the HD7750, let us know about the performance of the little card. We're always looking out for performance feedback from forum members... :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
At a budget of 6.5K, get the MSI or Gigabyte HD 6770, currently retailing at 6.3K

OP
K

K.Lad

Have Ordered AMD 980 3.7GHz
for 7300/-
Hope It will suffice
Anyway thanks Guys for all ya valuable comments.
Will be ordering ATI HD 6770

Souro_Ray

In the zone
By the way, do you already have a motherboard? If yes, which model and company? The 980BE is last of the Phenom II X4's to be released, and i wont say that its good value. But Phenom II quad cores are way better than their Bulldozer counterparts...

I look at the FX4100 as similar to an i3-2100 in the sense that the FX has 2 BD modules which can each support 2 threads, same as the i3-2100.. Many people might argue with me on this point, but thats the only way i can look at it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom