AMD dual core optimizer query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Does the optimizer for AMD dual core really improve gaming performance? Also does this help in normal usage? I haven't install it yet but asking ya peoples advice. Please help. Thanks you.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey john!

I haven't tried it but check this out might help..

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core or multiple processor systems.

*www.short-media.com/extendednews.php?n=5185
*xtreview.com/addcomment.php?id=426&view=amd-dual-core-optimizer
*www.techpowerup.com/downloads/323
*www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=11006

All of them say the same thing! :)

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Thanks Sam.
I've read all those stuff but wanted to know if anyone has actually used it and did he/she found a difference/gain in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom