AMD Cuts Processor Prices finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
X2 3800 still looks costly to me. If u convert it to dollars ($1 = Rs. 46), then the price in India is ~$186 which is quite high compared to ~$150 in U.S.

magnet

Youngling
16.5 to 8.5...still u find it costly........montylee..

its much better than shops...which when i tried to ask for x2 price..was trying to stick me 4200+x2 for 19k..along with som fu#$%%board...saying its damn good peice.......

4200 + x2 price will settle at 12k soon........but 3800+ x2 is easily overclockable to 2.6ghz which beats 4400+ too damn easily........

nyways u can upgrade to pent 4 now easily there prices has also fallen

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
i found X2 3800+ a little costly bocz of my limited budget.
Still i am keeping my options open: I would buy either a X2 3800+ or a single core 3800+.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
r these cuts also there for mobile technology....and which amd (dual core) cpu is recomended for a lap....in a better price....

cheers

Pathik

Google Bot
@speedy see the amd turion 64x2 range....
*www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_609,00.html

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
today's x2 price ..

amd athlon x2 -3800+ - --- 9500 rs ... would u believe it .. this is the same proci used to be around 14000rs .. great proci in this range .. great overclocking chip ... this couple with a8 ne would do wonders ..

ohh... what a great time to buy new pc ..

magnet

Youngling
yogi wait..banglore frnd confirm prices there 8.2k..........

it will fall upto 7.5 then will stick to that..so good buy when goes below 8k......

montlyee if goin for single core...then go for amd 3000+ it still rocks beleive me.........jus overcl it and will giv u same performane upto 3500+...also its price has gone upto 3.9k now.......but plays all latest games damn well.....obviously not oblivion type

also ppl thinking to buy conroe.......make sure be ready for 35-45k damage.......

as no board is available yet here.....also good board will brek u upto 15k.....and also ddr 2 kit not the best available her yet.......arrang frm abroad or wait..and another 10-15k missile

yeah, conroe is not the way even if it is cheaper and fast than its amd counterparts cuz u'll have spend so much of it getting other hardware to run conroe.

magnet

Youngling
well...one of the guy onother board have pasted a gr8 topic..whether u shd go for c2d or not..........i can post his end conclusion(not the whole article as he has wrote being that site mod) here............if u guys want that article i can mail u......since i cant put other sites name here......i m posting his end conclusion here......

his name is switch on that board.......mayb he post here too.........if u find that info valuable all credits to him..........

NOTE::THiS CONCLUSION ISDEPENDING ON INDIAN MARKET SCENARIO

So the crux of the matter according me is :

If you are buying a newsetup... Look for a Conroe eyes closed.

If you upgrading from a Pentium D setup or a Pentium 4 Setup Conroe makes sense.

If you are jumping from Socket 939 Single core platform to Conroe then think twice. Its a tricky situation as of now. An AMD X2 is good for you. You get to keep the same Board + RAM and invest a small sum(As compared to conroe setup in full).

If you are jumping from an AMD dual core setup then either you have big pockets or you are Brain Dead(No offense).

-----posted by switch--------

also quadcore coming next year......so again c2d price will go down.....also amd ddr3 is in pipeline..so again ram change..so b carefull before upgradation......

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I have bought Intel Pentium D(dual core) Processor 3.0 Ghz for Rs 9600 and Intel 945 motherboard for Rs. 6000 3 days ago.I also checked the prices of AMD processors but they are very expensive.

G

gxsaurav

oh comon, buying a new Athlon64 CPU, such as 3800+ X2 is not that bad either.

For power hungry users who have money, C2D is the best way, however for those who want to buy a system now, which will last for 2+ years, get an Athlon 64 3800+ AM2, cos the prices are down. The performance is low compared to C2D, but if u compare the 3800+ X2 with E6300, which have almost equal price, u can't be that wrong buying AMD. It's just a 5% difference, which won't even matter

if u go higher, like Athlon 64 4200+ etc, then better leave it & buy a E6400/E6600 insted, it gives better performance per watt & best bang for the price

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
magnet said:
yogi wait..banglore frnd confirm prices there 8.2k..........

it will fall upto 7.5 then will stick to that..so good buy when goes below 8k......

montlyee if goin for single core...then go for amd 3000+ it still rocks beleive me.........jus overcl it and will giv u same performane upto 3500+...also its price has gone upto 3.9k now.......but plays all latest games damn well.....obviously not oblivion type

also ppl thinking to buy conroe.......make sure be ready for 35-45k damage.......

as no board is available yet here.....also good board will brek u upto 15k.....and also ddr 2 kit not the best available her yet.......arrang frm abroad or wait..and another 10-15k missile

i am not buying am2 ... no money prob here .. also conroe e6300 is damn good .. who says cheaper boards are not available ..

gigabyte ga 965 p ds3 .. is 147 dollars outside .. its available in india cos i have seen its advertisement in chip magazine of this month .. this board rocks at stock as well as overclocking .. i am really impressed with this board .. cheap and damn overclockable .. i am not sure abt its price here in india .. but it wont cost 14-15 k ...people have even had sli , quad sli and crossfire on this mobo with hacked drivers even though it has 16x +4 x slots configuration .. i am building my conroe rig .. already have x6800 proci .. i am waitning for official sli support on intel 975x and 965 p chipsets .. as we all know that ati is now under amd ... also this is confirmed news .. 975x with crossfire and sli .. both .. yummy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom