AMD Athlon?? XP?? 64?? FX?? X2?? venice core xyz core??? i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
I havnt got a clue about the different cores of the AMD processures.. can anyone enlighten me..or link me to some chart that clearly states the diference...

And how to identify one while buying... i mean is there any problemt hat the vender passes on a different processure wiht low cache and stuff insted of the real meat!!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well no he cant fox u untill unless u dun bout the proc as its wirtten in the AMD proc box either its 939soc or 754 with how much cache and all but for u need to know bout dat so go to www.amd.com and look for processer and then Model Number Comparisons.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Athlon.and.XP.are.outdated.<=Older,32bit,proccesors.
FX.and.X2.maybe.to.costly.for.you.<=FX->very.hig-end.gaming.processor,.X2=>Dual.core.processor.
64.is.good.and.cheap.enough.Go.with.it.<=64bit.for.you.

Goto.AMD.com.for.learning.about.them.or.google.each.term.

dabster

In the zone
You can see that on the Processor Box itself It is clearly written that What it is , Also You can Note down the OPN number from The Various sites and Check it while Buying That it is the Same one...
OPN number Can really Help...

--
Anurag

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go here for detailed instructions on using the OPN to idenify the processor specs,

*139.95.253.214/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=31,E=0000000000227776590,K=8819,Sxi=3,Solution=4273

sourav

In the zone
ok can anyone say what is the cost of Athlon X2 processor. I'll be very thankful to you.
PLz
Plz
Plz

G

gxsaurav

Differnet AMD Open numbers

AP = C0 Clawhammer, s754
AR = CG Clawhammer, s754
AS = CG Clawhammer, s939
AX = CG Newcastle, s754
AW = CG Newcastle, s939
BI = D0 Winchester, s939
BP = E3 Venice, s939
BN = E4 San Diego, s939
BU = E5 Newark, s754
LD = E0 (?) Lancaster, s754
BV = E6, Manchester, s939
CD = E6, Toledo, s939

Check the CPU, in the box U can see it without opening the box, it will be written like A643000BP for 3000+ venice

Ringwraith

Journeyman
wats ur budget for teh cpu? based on how much u are willing to spend we might be able to guide u on which core to look for ;)

Kniwor

Learner
siriusb said:
Athlon.and.XP.are.outdated.<=Older,32bit,proccesors.
FX.and.X2.maybe.to.costly.for.you.<=FX->very.hig-end.gaming.processor,.X2=>Dual.core.processor.
64.is.good.and.cheap.enough.Go.with.it.<=64bit.for.you.

Goto.AMD.com.for.learning.about.them.or.google.each.term.

Firstly, the athlon is not outsated, only the XP line is discontinued,

Secondly whatever "gxsaurav" has posted is a good bit of information but you cannot decide the stepping from the "AW" or "BP" part, he is trying to do that, so just ignore the stepping part and his information is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom