AMD Athlon 64 identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siriusblack

Broken In
Can anybody tell if there are amd 64 3000+ venice and non venice versions in the market and how to identify if a processor is venice core

moshel

Padawan
lol whats this venice and non venice???me thinking of going for new amd processor, somebody answer siriusblack's question and telll what would be a good buy....

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes there are AMD64 3000+ with core other than venice. (VENICE is the latest ,coolest and consumes less power) So go for it. To identify venice, on the box(sticker with price and bar code) see for this : ADA3000BPBOX where BP means it is venice. Read this somewhere on the net and when I bought AMD64 3000+, looked for this code and now have AMD64 3000+ VENICE running in my system.
If I am wrong please correct me.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
john_the_ultimate said:
Yes there are AMD64 3000+ with core other than venice. (VENICE is the latest ,coolest and consumes less power) So go for it. To identify venice, on the box(sticker with price and bar code) see for this : ADA3000BPBOX where BP means it is venice. Read this somewhere on the net and when I bought AMD64 3000+, looked for this code and now have AMD64 3000+ VENICE running in my system.
If I am wrong please correct me.

you are right about the venice identification but there is another better core for the 3000+ whose name i am not sure of but the site www.amdcompare.com displays it .. it comes with E6 stepping whereas Venice has E3 stepping but the Ordering P/N (PIB) is the same for both i.e ADA3000BPBOX .. the E6 stepping one also runs cooler having max temp of 65C which is 5 degrees less than E3 stepping.

Anybody having any idea which core is this 3000+ with E6 stepping ? Is it San Diego ??

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I think the difference between venice and san diego is that venice has 512kb L2 cache whereas san diego has 1MB of L2.
My amd64 3000+ venice shows REVISION as DH-E6 and stepping as 2 in cpu-z. Which means venice does has E6 stepping. If one has E3 then it would show stepping 0 in cpu-z.
See this: *www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3000DAA4BW

One more thing I read on the net that E3 are better overclocker than E6.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ya E3's o/c better .. and good i have an E3 (just checked with cpu-z) :wink: .. but i still havent tried to o/c it though i am on DFI .. still learning how to do it and dont have the time at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom