AMD and NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
:razz:
I have a doubt in my mind that i am going to buy Nvidia geforce 9600GT. Is it compatible with AMD proccy and AMD based motherboard.....?
Please solve my doubt.
Proccy: AMD Athlon II X4 620
MB:Biostar TA 790
VIP 500w or Zebronics Red power 500w

qarch

Going green anyone?
A graphics card has nothing to do with whether the mobo supports AMD or intel chip. Make sure the mobo has the correct slot for the graphics card in question.

otpsurvive

Broken In
Although any GPU can work on any MoBo that supports the same slot, a GPU and MoBo chipset from the same company will work better in tandem (in sync) and will provide better performance. Instead of the 9600GT, go in for a ATI Radeon HD 4770 which consumes far less power, lower heat dissipation and supports DX10.1 providing ultimate value.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^WHAT??????

in sync what?

you kidding?

afaik, it's just a myth.

you can use ATI GPU on nvidia chipset and vice versa.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
One thing you have to consider, if you plan on SLI or Crossfire, you have to be sure that the board has the requsite support, but again that has nothing to do with the CPU support with the motherboard.

Oh BTW otpsurvive is not totally wrong, if you have Hybrid Crossfire in your board, I think it would be beneficial to buy an ATI gfx, for sure. Though I admit, I have no personal experiences with Hybrid Crossfire tho plus I am not sure whether the integrated GFX on this board supports Hybrid Crossfire.

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Hybrid CF is a very old thing. HD3300 IGP (which is common in TA790GXBE A2+) can be crossfired with old ATI GPU's like HD3xxx or some HD2xxx, which are either not available or are very poor performers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
god!! looks like you need some teaching here.

ati and nvidia are two major graphics chip manufacturers. ati's goes by product brand name radeon and nvidia's is geforce.

companies like sapphire, xfx, palit use the reference design and gpu provided by ati or nvidia and manufacture graphics cards.
now sapphire hd4770 is graphics card that has ati radeon hd4770 graphics chip. unlike amd and intel, ati and nvidi leave card manufacturing to 3rd party manufacturers. now, whats your budget for gpu and psu comz hd4770 needs a good psu

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
thanks desiibond...i have sticked to 9600gt. Thanks for ur reply..u really helped me in purchasing PC...i'm really thankful to all the guys replied to me....:razz::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::wink::wink::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom