Status
Not open for further replies.

adityaksharma

Broken In
i plan to upgrade and i wanted to know if amd 64 does run 32 bit apps smoothly and if i upgrade which graphics card should i go with

thx

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Yes AMD64's will run 32 bit apps as it has native support for 32 bit applications.

Whats ur budget w.r.t the graphics card ?

You won't find any difference at all with 64bit unless you're using 64bit apps on a 64bit OS.

Go for socket 764 as both mobos and cpu's are cheap.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
with 939,who said there is much increase in price for cpu,maybe 100-200
also,it is the case of intel 423 and 478 socket,outdated ...

TheKing

Broken In
hi,
@icecoolz - there's a 64 bit ver of XP out.

@ akshayt - hi there m8, which 939 mboard would u recomend? Also, could u post their prices?

thx in adv
NJoy!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
TheKing:

Yes I know that the 64 bit version of XP is out. But that is not his question though is it mate ;) He wants to know if he can run 32 bit apps if he buys a 64 bit processor thats all ;)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
but isn't the 64bit os just release candidate 2 and isn't it beta and i read that it is avaialbe as free download from the site.
confirm this

approc prices,maybe a bit old though how mcuh will they reduce in 2-4weeks a bit more or less time etc
939mobo
asus a8n sli,11800
dlx,12750

msi nforce 4 may come for 9-10k

checper mobos are also available.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Windows 64 bit is officially out mate. Check the MS site ;) And if you have genuine copy of windows XP 32 bit you can exchange it for a 64 bit for free as well ;) Wonder if any Linux distros do that...hmmmm ;)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Linux has the 64 bit versions in for the oast year or so they are all stable operating versions no beta or thing. Miles ahead of windows in this one....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
pradeep_chauhan said:
Linux has the 64 bit versions in for the oast year or so they are all stable operating versions no beta or thing. Miles ahead of windows in this one....

I still got to pay for it and I dont get it as a free upgrade mate thats all I was tryin to say ;)

Keith:

I don't exactly know where you can get it since I have no intention of getting a 64 bit OS as of now. but more info here:

*news.com.com/Microsoft+nears+release+of+64-bit+Windows/2100-1016_3-5481660.html?tag=nefd.top

and this:

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/default.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom