AM3+ mobo required

which mobo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
Need a mobo for my phenom x6 1055T which will be overclocked to around 4Ghz 3.5~6Ghz only!!

1)Asus M5A97 PRO or EVO--->8.5k due to availability issue whichever is available will cos 8.5k........
2)Gigabyte 970A-UD3--->6.2-6.5k

Bugdet is max 8.5k!

Is CoolerMaster V6GT a good option to overclock my procy to 4Ghz ........
leaving for now!!

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
V6gt is a good cooler. I read in a review that installing it is a difficult task and it is quite heavy. CM Hyper 212 evo is a good and cheaper alternative. It will fulfill your OCing needs.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IMO, go for the Gigabyte board because it has a notably better onboard audio chip. Of course this doesn't matter if you already have a good sound card.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
970A-UD3. and thermalright ultra 120 Extreme rev C.(if u can get rev A that wud be the best) < Lap it & pair it with a high CFM Delta 120mm fan and you're set for 4.1 - 4.2GHz on ur 1055T..

1055T needs a little more Vcc to reach same clocks as 1090 or 1100 so good cooler is imp..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sorry. IT seems I misread this Asus for another one. TBH you dont need to spend premium. get the Gigabyte. sorry for wrong vote as I misread :banghead:

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
decided if the price difference between two will be less than 1.5k than i will go with Asus otherwise gigabyte....
price of gigabyte is not confirmed yet!!

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
there is price difference of only 5$ go newegg but in India its more than 2k!!!
WTH!!

which one has better vrm setup???
will go with that one!!

thebanik

Broken In
If you can increase the budget of cooler then will suggest SVGTech HOC20 for 5K. For mobo dont use Asus, so personally will suggest the Gigabyte Mobo....

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
I think u cud reconsider ur cooler requirements... ur already on 3.5GHz... even if u get an N620 you will only reach 3.7 to 3.9GHz... is investing 2k worth the 300-400MHz??

if anything u cud invest some on a good psu...

P.S. What are you going to do with the 890GXM?!

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
I think u cud reconsider ur cooler requirements... ur already on 3.5GHz... even if u get an N620 you will only reach 3.7 to 3.9GHz... is investing 2k worth the 300-400MHz??

if anything u cud invest some on a good psu...

P.S. What are you going to do with the 890GXM?!

Got the point.
old mobo sold.
i thought hyper n620 can take the procy to ~4.0Ghz

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
which one has better vrm setup???
will go with that one!!

Technically speaking Asus one is way better than Gigabyte. I don't understand on what basis people voted that Giga board. Only because of one of the distributor of Asus?

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
@d6bmg -

1. You don't have to deal with that vDroop sh!t in the Gigabyte boards.. voltage is stable under load!.. (atleast in my board it is.. :p)

2. Better layout of PCIe & SATA.

3. Higher VRM count > 8+2 Phase vs 6+2 Phase on Asus

4. Proper blue screen BIOS. Asus has BIOS for kids with mouse support! :p
(I just dont get that UEFI thingy... sry!!)

Top Bottom