Am I Uploading????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonGeek

Right off the assembly line
Help..

I recently upgraded to WinXp from WinSE2 with Outlook Express6.0.

When I log on to the net (IE 6.0) I find that there is a constant stream of bytes (about 3kb/sec) being sent out even if the page I'm browsing is idle or not being refreshed.

Fearing that IE has a security loop hole I installed Mozilla Firefox / Thunderbird, but still am facing the same situation.

Will somebody enlighten me why this is so? Is there any malicious spyware resident sending out spam from my computer or is this just a normal thing?

ferrarif50

Journeyman
This is common. Dont worry. When ever you browse the internet, there will be some sort of upload happening, which includes DNS resolving, TCP/IP requests going up and down to your PC and etc.. It should not be a problem though!

OP
N

NonGeek

Right off the assembly line
ferrarif50 said:
This is common. Dont worry. When ever you browse the internet, there will be some sort of upload happening, which includes DNS resolving, TCP/IP requests going up and down to your PC and etc.. It should not be a problem though!

Thanks for ur reply...but why should it be in a constant upstream? With my previous OS I did not find this happening

ferrarif50

Journeyman
NonGeek said:
ferrarif50 said:

Thanks for ur reply...but why should it be in a constant upstream? With my previous OS I did not find this happening

Which connection u use? If its a broadband, then it is common.

If it is a dial up, then Windows XP has some extra network features and many services connect to the net. This can be a cause. ( even in broadband )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom