Alternative career options for IT Professionals

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Make an account on Naukri dot com and upload your resume there. I'd also suggest creating a new email account because your inbox will be full of job offers.
I have heard that most offers on naukri & similar job portals are not good & instead it is better to try via linkedin.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's okay IMO. Lot of recruiters look on both LinkedIn and Naurki. I have an account on Naukri and my inbox is full of job offers every day.

Only thing to keep in mind is not to apply for contract-to-hire jobs.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I am also looking for job since 2 years and got nothing from Naukri dot com All they want is experienced software developers and no room for freshers.
@Desmond David Can you shed more light on how to get jobs easily in a decent company.
Also about Linkedin how to get jobs I applied to 100s of jobs but got no reply and for messaging recruiters it requires premium.

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk

khalil1210

In the zone
I am also looking for job since 2 years and got nothing from Naukri dot com All they want is experienced software developers and no room for freshers.
@Desmond David Can you shed more light on how to get jobs easily in a decent company.
Also about Linkedin how to get jobs I applied to 100s of jobs but got no reply and for messaging recruiters it requires premium.

Saw a post on reddit recently. Check this out, this may help you

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Attend any walk ins that will allow you and attend any job fests that you can. I think you can message recruiters on Naukri as well. So if you think you qualify for a job, message the recruiter and make a case, perhaps show github pages of earlier projects you have worked on, etc.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Attend any walk ins that will allow you and attend any job fests that you can. I think you can message recruiters on Naukri as well. So if you think you qualify for a job, message the recruiter and make a case, perhaps show github pages of earlier projects you have worked on, etc.
It's very hard to crack walk in interviews atleast on what I tried.They ask ridiculously hard questions and shortlist very few.
I have few projects in my github and tried angellist too which I found better They give some task and we have to complete in a given time but I find those tasks quite not for freshers.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's very hard to crack walk in interviews atleast on what I tried.They ask ridiculously hard questions and shortlist very few.
I have few projects in my github and tried angellist too which I found better They give some task and we have to complete in a given time but I find those tasks quite not for freshers.

Generally I'd suggest taking note of questions being asked and prepare accordingly. As a fresher you cannot be expected to answer questions meant for 4+ year old experience candidates. Less then 3 years would mostly be text textbook questions, so should be easier to prepare. In any case, you will have to prepare.

The market is not very fresher friendly, so I'd also suggest forming contacts with friends who can give your referral to their companies. This might expedite your search.

What is your competency BTW?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Generally I'd suggest taking note of questions being asked and prepare accordingly. As a fresher you cannot be expected to answer questions meant for 4+ year old experience candidates. Less then 3 years would mostly be text textbook questions, so should be easier to prepare. In any case, you will have to prepare.

The market is not very fresher friendly, so I'd also suggest forming contacts with friends who can give your referral to their companies. This might expedite your search.

What is your competency BTW?
Yeah maket is not fresher friendly sadly i am in no contact with my college batchmates so no refferal.Btw how does referral works? You still have to pass the test and interview right? the referral only gives option to shortlist for test and interview?
By competency what do you mean? I am competing for job in IT sector as software engineer.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah maket is not fresher friendly sadly i am in no contact with my college batchmates so no refferal.Btw how does referral works? You still have to pass the test and interview right? the referral only gives option to shortlist for test and interview?
By competency what do you mean? I am competing for job in IT sector as software englineer.
Well, landing an interview is already a big step forward.

By competency what do you mean? I am competing for job in IT sector as software englineer.
I mean what is the specialization or skill you are going to apply. For example my primary competency is Java and related technologies, secondary competency is SQL and database administration.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Well, landing an interview is already a big step forward.

I mean what is the specialization or skill you are going to apply. For example my primary competency is Java and related technologies, secondary competency is SQL and database administration.
I know c++ java and swift.Have also done some iOS development so I am applying for that.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I know c++ java and swift.Have also done some iOS development so I am applying for that.
The this is your competency.

Once you land an interview, then it's only a matter of convincing the interviewer to hire you or clear you for the next steps. That comes down to your knowledge and communication skills.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
You can start blog writing on these products as a side work, and if you get succesful in that, it means that you have the required skills. After that, you can use that as reference while applying job at any place like digit. That way you will earn the required experience to apply for such job.

Edit:- Happy New Year everyone.
But initially where do I get enough equipments for the same? Also there is some competition in this right? It is quite difficult to get successful by own blog. That's why I am looking for a such jobs in a company or organization.
Some regional newspapers have technical section which posts some technology news, tips and tricks, reviews etc right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Keep trying with Angel List, Hacker earth, hacker rank and Indeed. Don't stop preparing for the questions you are facing.It is really hard to get job for freshers but I feel these sites are the best options to get into a good company. Indeed and Naukri you can keep as last priority. Try walk-ins also for good companies. You get lot of questions from there also.
If you have more time and money and if you are already good in Aptitude, then try to appear for AMCAT and similar exams, after getting good marks, you should be getting calls from there as well.
All the best!!!!!

Top Bottom