Alternative career options for IT Professionals

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Here

*medium.com/@nunu1324/angularjs-is-not-dead-its-deprecated-4c10b76ac326

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

khalil1210

In the zone
AngularJs and Angular are two different frameworks.

AngularJs 1.* is being deprecated.

From version 2 it is called Angular.

Current release is 11 and it has support upto 2022

VERSIONSTATUSRELEASEDACTIVE ENDSLTS ENDS
^11.0.0ActiveNov 11, 2020May 11, 2021May 11, 2022
^10.0.0LTSJun 24, 2020Dec 24, 2020Dec 24, 2021
^9.0.0LTSFeb 06, 2020Aug 06, 2020Aug 06, 2021

I don't think frameworks like Angular or React or Vue will die soon.

People are still using frameworks from ten years back like Extjs or Backbone js or Ember

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
AngularJs and Angular are two different frameworks.

AngularJs 1.* is being deprecated.

From version 2 it is called Angular.

Current release is 11 and it has support upto 2022

VERSIONSTATUSRELEASEDACTIVE ENDSLTS ENDS
^11.0.0ActiveNov 11, 2020May 11, 2021May 11, 2022
^10.0.0LTSJun 24, 2020Dec 24, 2020Dec 24, 2021
^9.0.0LTSFeb 06, 2020Aug 06, 2020Aug 06, 2021

I don't think frameworks like Angular or React or Vue will die soon.

People are still using frameworks from ten years back like Extjs or Backbone js or Ember

React/RN will definitely not die any time soon with their rather big Facebook backing

TheSloth

The Slowest One
React/RN will definitely not die any time soon with their rather big Facebook backing

I think you are right. General trend seems to follow React/Vue JS instead of Angular because of Angular's steeper learning curve and rather quick development for most of the use cases with React/Vue.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
I'd suggest learning on your own time. Enroll for some course on sites like Coursera, Udacity or Udemy.

That really depends on your company. Many companies organize training drives.

You can also ask your manager to arrange for training for yourself or your colleagues. You can justify by saying that this will benefit not only yourself but also the company because you can use the skills to implement solutions. If they don't agree, then better learn on your own. If you think that the work is too pressurizing, you should consider switching to another company. You might still want to brush up on your skills if you want to attend an interview for another company.

This is again a management issue. If your manager is a "yes man" to the clients, then speak to his manager or give feedback to HR. Note that you don't owe any loyalty to the company and you don't have to work like a slave. But then again, this is usually the work of a team lead, not a manager. A team lead would analyze the client's requirement and flatly say if it's not possible in the timeframe or what's the dependencies of the requirement. If they don't agree, then it's the team lead's responsibility to push back. Since you said earlier that you don't have a team lead, then I guess it's up to you: Either push back against their requirements with sensible justification. It's better to speak up than accept a task that you won't be able to deliver, with sensible justification. In private with your manager if possible.

So, how is your team organized? Who leads your team? I have never seen a company where individual developers are held responsible for the whole application's functionality. There is always a team lead or product owner who is responsible for the deliverables. The product owner is someone who's job is to know the functional aspects of the project and to understand the client's expectation and requirement. The product owner passes down the requirements to one or more team leads (depending on the subdomains of the project) and the team leads will then break the requirements into smaller tasks and assign each task to the team members. As such the product owner and the team lead are the first ones to get chewed up if the deliverables don't meet expectations.

If upper management is speaking to your directly, then either you are screwed up really bad or your management is kind of in shambles.

In any case, if you feel like the pressure is too much or you don't like the work culture of your company, consider switching to another company. But note that depending upon the years of experience, the expectations of your future employers will also be higher. You just need to brush up your skills and attend as many interviews as possible.
Recently the company have hired some freshers. Only one developer (not from recent freshers) have little experience (gained from me). Now me & that developer have to train those freshers as well while me already handling the company project. Currently no other job opportunities in my locality. This is one reason it feels like a trap.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Recently the company have hired some freshers. Only one developer (not from recent freshers) have little experience (gained from me). Now me & that developer have to train those freshers as well while me already handling the company project. Currently no other job opportunities in my locality. This is one reason it feels like a trap.

I'd seriously suggest speaking to someone senior in your company, manager perhaps, about your problems. The best option I think is to buy time so that you can train your skills and then give KT to your peers.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

One question, Is your company Recently established? If yes, then you have a high chance of making this problem, an opportunity. If your company has no senior dev, Maybe they will offer you this post in next 2-3 years(If you kept doing the hard-work), and that will be a lot easier for you compared to leaving the company and joining some other place. Also, You will get a lot of valuable experience plus you will be able to learn something new if you go that way.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
One question, Is your company Recently established? If yes, then you have a high chance of making this problem, an opportunity. If your company has no senior dev, Maybe they will offer you this post in next 2-3 years(If you kept doing the hard-work), and that will be a lot easier for you compared to leaving the company and joining some other place. Also, You will get a lot of valuable experience plus you will be able to learn something new if you go that way.
Not recently, I think started 3 or 4 months before I joined in 2017. Around 1 month ago, the company has expanded to a new location & have hired more employees including the aforementioned freshers. Before that I was main Android developer. Few developers (all less experience) came & resigned. few months ago only another developer was hired who is gaining experience.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
In a website, if an issue occurs, it can be corrected and will reflected immediately when page is reloaded. But in an app, if an issue occurs we have to update app to Play Store/app Store, simply putting an update to fix issues is not a good practice. Do you think app developers should be given more time to test than web developers?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
In a website, if an issue occurs, it can be corrected and will reflected immediately when page is reloaded. But in an app, if an issue occurs we have to update app to Play Store/app Store, simply putting an update to fix issues is not a good practice. Do you think app developers should be given more time to test & deserve more salary than web developers?
Depends on the work. Web development isn't easy as well. Pushing app updates take time because Google and Apple check it.

If your app was absolutely broken for production it shouldn't even have been pushed in the first place. Pushing websites into production isn't also simple as clicking Cntrl+S as many good sites have Jenkins and other CI that check the builds at all times and the tests news to pass.

Not black and white as to who should get more money. Both the tasks are complicated in their own sense.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Leave the money matter, what about time? And the main thing here is website changes are reflected without user interaction but in app users have to manually update the app (Unless they have auto update enabled)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try appearing in UPSC/PSC exams for government jobs-some of them have an upper age limit of upto 40.If you are lucky,you just might make it and then you will never have to worry about your work again.
Clearing upsc/psc exam is at least 10 times more difficult than the difficulty op is facing, you do the maths. Also forget about "never worrying in the job" because govt jobs comes with their own set of political & bureaucratic pressure.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Clearing upsc/psc exam is at least 10 times more difficult than the difficulty op is facing, you do the maths.
I tried giving UPSC few years back just to check why it was "difficult" to crack. It requires one to mug up every irrelevant crap with and then some instead of focusing entirely on logical thinking, language and problem solving. Its like JEE again where a person wanting to have a career in CS/IT has to solve advanced physics/chemistry problems.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
And the main thing here is website changes are reflected without user interaction but in app users have to manually update the app (Unless they have auto update enabled)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

I don't understand what you wish to signify with this part.

Are you saying apps are bad because they need an update? Or websites are better because they "just work"

Didn't get the point.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Today I integrated Google Vision Face Detection in Android app to find an image contains face with both eyes opened. There are methods available to get number of faces, probability value (mentioned in docs as between 0 & 1) for left & right eye opened. On a Lenovo Vibe K5 note, I got 0.99. On a Redmi Note 9 Pro, I get no faces detected & on a Redmi 8, I get lower value of 0.02.

As mentioned there can be browser specific issues for a website. We can ask a user to use the website on Chrome if he gave issue in Firefox which is not difficult to download and install. But we can't ask an user to replace his android phone.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Today I integrated Google Vision Face Detection in Android app to find an image contains face with both eyes opened. There are methods available to get number of faces, probability value (mentioned in docs as between 0 & 1) for left & right eye opened. On a Lenovo Vibe K5 note, I got 0.99. On a Redmi Note 9 Pro, I get no faces detected & on a Redmi 8, I get lower value of 0.02.

As mentioned there can be browser specific issues for a website. We can ask a user to use the website on Chrome if he gave issue in Firefox which is not difficult to download and install. But we can't ask an user to replace his android phone.

Seems like a typical app developer's problem. One solution I think is to have phone specific profiles in the app: Detect the phone model and load the appropriate face detection values. You should look up online what is the standard practice in such cases.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Seems like a typical app developer's problem. One solution I think is to have phone specific profiles in the app: Detect the phone model and load the appropriate face detection values. You should look up online what is the standard practice in such cases.
Have to agree. Both apps and browsers have their space currently. Although companies love pushing apps to you for the "deeper intigration" to the os and you.

Okay..?

Top Bottom