Alphafunding and Help Indie Developers thread

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Inspired by the FOSS Donation List, this thread has been created to encourage gamers to invest in Alphafunding and help upcoming Indie developers to get funds to deliver their awesome games.
Feel free to suggest any Indie project that needs Alphafunding and donation. Also post your experiences.

Have a look here to get started - Alphafunding for Indie Games news - Desura | Desura

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: FOSS Donation List

Have a look if anyone's interested:-

bundlelytic

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@Skud how do you find all these bundles man? That one looks good but is not of much use to me. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

With the help of a bit old school thing - RSS Feeds. ;) Yeah, not much use for me too. They had quite a few bundles previously also (like during Japan earthquake afair), but they have a set price and while the earlier bundles had useful software, I have most of them so never really purchased anything.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Anyone's interested in supporting this project?

Wasteland 2 by inXile entertainment - Kickstarter

Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to the first ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG. The original Wasteland was the inspiration for the FALLOUT series of games. IGN named it one of the top 25 PC games of all time, Computer Gaming World named it the Adventure Game of the year in 1988, and it was short-listed for inclusion in the Smithsonian Institution’s current “Art of the Computer Game” exhibition.

This is probably the last chance for a Wasteland sequel. We have tried to pitch this game multiple times to game publishers, but they’ve balked. They don’t think there’s any interest in a solid, old school type of game. This is our shot at proving them wrong. And more importantly this could help bring back an entire genre of RPGs.

Supporting Wasteland 2 is nothing more radical than pre-ordering a game from your favorite brick-and-mortar store. We believe strongly enough in this project and in your desire to see it become a reality, that we decided to go ahead with this Kickstarter drive to fund it.

To do this game right, we need to raise $1 million.

But we’re looking ahead to what we can do if you all back this project in force. At $1.25 million, the money will go primarily into making the world bigger, adding more maps, more divergent stories and even more music.

At $1.5 million, the world gets even bigger. You’ll have more adventures to play, more challenges to deal with, and a greater level of complexity to the entire storyline. We’ll add more environments, story elements, and characters to make the rich world come alive even more. We will even be able to bring Wasteland 2 to OS X for Mac lovers.

And after $1.5 million the sky is the limit.

At the time of writing, $229,017 out of $900,000 has been raised already. You have 34 more days to donate/pre-order. You can pledge as less as $1, but to get the game you need to pledge at least $15. What's more it will be a DRM free copy.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Me too in a similar situation. But that game will be released in Oct 2013; think we can go ahead.

PS: Halfway mark reached already. Guess they are gonna get more than their target. Better to book the game at $15, rather than buying it at $50. ;)

Wasteland 2..hmm. I'm thirsting for another game like Fallout 3. And this game just might be what I want. Gotta think about it.

Krow

Crowman
No then Wasteland 2 is not for you. Its a turn based top down RPG. More strategy than action. Original wasteland led to the development of fallout 1 & 2. Fallout 3 is quite unlike the originals.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

The good news is that you are definitely going to see Wasteland 2 in action. The target of $900,000 has been reached in less than 48 hours. :)) Just goes to show again, PC gamers are eager to spend on games, if its really worth it. $1.5 million should be reached without much problem, so you are going to get Linux and Mac version too.

And the project still has 32 days to end. :cheers:

Edited a few posts and delete one. Thread now looks clean.

Krow

Crowman
Since I don't have a credit card, ill buy this on April 17. Unless someone here is willing to buy it for me, I'll transfer the amount on April 17 when the card is charged.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one:

The Banner Saga by Stoic - Kickstarter

What is The Banner Saga?

Short answer: role-playing meets turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings.

Travel through stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film as your party escapes what could be the end of everything. Battle painstakingly hand-animated foes in strategic, turn-based combat. Make decisions with real consequences in conversations with people you'll actually care about.

The Banner Saga is a mature game aimed at gamers who appreciate art, story and strategy. Hope you'll join the caravan.

Announcement trailer:-

[YOUTUBE]YupzBYxsgow[/YOUTUBE]

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian is putting together a Kickstarter project. Nothing is known about it though, just that it’s coming. “No news yet except we’re still working on it,” the studio tweeted in response to a fan earlier today.

Looks like a new era of game development is about to start: Ask your fans what they want, raise funds from them in form of pre-order, deliver. A win-win situation for both developers and gamers. This may help lots of studios to prevent closing down.

And they say PC Gamers don't want to pay for their games. LOL...

Top Bottom