Allow incoming connections to my computer from utorrent/azarues

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

Pardon me if I am asking this question again. But I found no thread which discusses my specific problem. All threads discuss about hardware routers and how to port forward to them. Mods can lock this thread if this has been discussed before.

Recently I installed the latest version of Azarues/Utorrent. However the NAT test on the port that is configured in my PC as open shows no incoming connection message. Utorrent shows me a red exclamation mark and Azarues a red icon at the bottom of the program window indicating no incoming connections. I am using Zone Alarm pro and Win XP SP2. I added the two programs manually to the exceptions list in Zonealarm and also configured the port number in the expert rules page of the program control. But nothing seems to work. I am getting the same problem and low speeds in torrents.

I am using internet connection via cable through alliance broadband.

Please suggest where I went wrong and give me the correct procedure to allow incoming peer connections. Thanks! I followed the procedure mentioned in the following page:

*www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial128.html

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Hmm, i also use azureus u cud try game mode in zone alarm and put on answer all alerts on allow, u can try to change a port, or maybe te port ur using is blocked best way is trying to change the port
for azureus
tools > nat/firewall test
change the number there and click test hope it solves yer problem

praka123

left this forum longback
try random port no like 49174 and see.for me,i use Azureus on Debian/Ubuntu Linux firewalled allowing some random ports to be open.and it works!NAT test is OK!

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
1> try using a port above 50000 and try again...
2> if ur using zone alarm as ur firewall make sure u've put off xp firewall.. the 2 conflict like hell...
3> u can't do much really coz the router is not at ur location else u could have opened the port or port forwarded.. ask ur isp if he can do that for u if the above steps don't wrk but i doubt he will..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom