15.4" widescreen
1.3 mgpixel camera
dvd writer and ati Mobility radeon x1600 256 mb dedicated
2yr warranty

for 70000 incl taxes

buying in april as soon as exams get over

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Dell is not available normally in stores. It wil b cheaper to buy directly frm dell.

Common practise follwd in India is to contact Dell as "xyz computer stores" n get those few hundred rupees of extra discount.

Apart frm Dell, Compaq/HP r d best options. Sony is more expensive

Josan

Gangsta
i want to buy a laptop around 100k ,,,so should i go for sony vio or other tablet editon any other company

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
SUGGESTED LAPTOP:

Range - Upto 42,000/-

COMPAQ PRESARIO V6211AU

AMD Turion 1.6, 512 DDR2 RAM, 120GB HDD, 8x double layer DVD Writer, nvidia Geforce 6150, 15.4"widescreen, Vista Home Basic, card reader, BT, wifi, etc...

Dealer/Co. is offering free webcam, HP Headset, international calling card, data card & 1 year insurance free on dis product.

So seems a cool offer compared to odr cos.

Same product is available in Intel Dual core for Rs.46k (V3239TU). But it doesnt have nVidia card. So for Vista, 6211AU wud b preferable.

patelpk

Life'z All abt HaHA HiHI
Can somebody tell me review of "Dell Inspiron 1501"
also please tell me street price of it and how much gonna cost me for 1 gb ram upgrade

hailgautam

Youngling
patelpk said:
Can somebody tell me review of "Dell Inspiron 1501"
also please tell me street price of it and how much gonna cost me for 1 gb ram upgrade

You can get the price of the machine on the dell site itself, it is a Inspiron 6400 almost except for the fact that it is based on the AMD Turion based processor, hence it is cheaper. AMD mobile processors it seems get hot a lot and that is why they are not recommended for the laptops....

abs_shayz

Right off the assembly line
Help in buying

Hello,
I want to replace my desktop with a laptop. the specifications I want in the lappy are as follows,
Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz, 1gb ram(upgradable), 15" widescreen display, 100+ gb sata HDD, DVD RW, bluetooth, good quality speakers etc. This will be mainly used for graphics purposes. are there any advantage opting for AMD Turion 64 X2? Pls recommend some models having solid performance. and my budget is max of 60k rupees.

Thanks in advance.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
hp pavilion 6137tx
core2 t5500 @1.6ghz @667hz fsb
1x1gb ram
120 gb 5400 rpm hdd
15.4" widescreen
1.3 mgpixel camera
dvd writer and geforce 7400 go
1yr warranty

for 61000 incl taxes -chennai

Hi friends,
want to buy Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop, but a small doubt, say after 3 years the battery stops working, need replacement or the keyboard malfunctions, how is Dell's response in such cases . any option other than going to Dell if they dont replace the components ?

Sourabh

Laptoping
They do replace components like battery, keyboard and likes. If the laptop serves you well for three years, you may be more willing to get the faulty components replaced from local laptop repair guy than pay Dell a much bigger sum.

sanyaldk

the end begins....
baterry problem

hi guyes !
i have hp pavilion dv 2122tu. my battery lasts for just 1.45hr max while doing some word file typing and other minor works.my friend have dell 640m his battery lasts for about 3hr doing same works. both have 6cell battery.
so the poor battery life is characteristic of hp or my laptop`s battery has some problem?

sid311

Broken In
hi guys...need to buy a laptop for around 50-60k...choice is between hp pavillion and sony viao...which one do u think is better...need it for mid range gaming, watching videos etc...pls suggest (any other brand would also do except dell..)

my choice is between hp dv6226tx and sony VGN-C22GH...please let me know....

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
Del Inspiron 6400 and XPS1210 can be configured with almost the same config...but teh price diff is huge...any idea why?

arijitraja

Broken In
Laptop within 40k

Hi..
I want a laptop costing not more than 40k. I currently have a IBM T43 and its wonderful but its too expensive to no point thinking of it. If I can get it from the US then its cheaper and within budget but then i will only get it when someone i know comes back to india in near future.. But i want to buy it within 10-12 days. Now about the constraints and requirements -
1) Good battery backup and not very heavy.
2) doesnt need to be a desktop replacement but yes atleast 60GB HDD and 512 RAM and basic things which are there in every laptop these days.
3) Wireless
4) Shouldnt be COMPAQ.

How is Acer ? There is one model i dont remember the model number which has every feature possible and costs around 42k. what are the general drawbacks if any of Acer generally ?

O yes and as someone already asked.. hows this model ?

DellTM InspironTM 1501 Notebook
AMD® Turion 64x2 Mobile technology TL50
Genuine Windows VistaTM Home Basic
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display (1280x800 res.)
512MB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (1X512MB)
80GB1 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Free upgrade to 8X DVD+/-RW Combo Drive with dual layer write capabilities

Last edited:
Top Bottom