All laptop related queries here!!!

super_ferrari

Broken In
this is my source. Since i will buy it in Pune it will be slightly less than mumbai price.

*www.braintoneinfo.com/dell.html

Is there any other good laptop around 60K u know about.

anyways thanks for the input.

Regards.

sumitava_b

In the zone
@super_ferrari: I doubt about the reliability of the info provided on that site. First thing, Dell sells through direct selling. No dealer or thirs party can not quote their price, particularly for the upgradations on the basic model which they mention only in the quotation. And I dont think that site has any kinda link with Dell.

Secondly, there are serious flaws in the informations on the very page that u have posted. There is no model called Inspiron510 and Inspiron 700M. Indeed, there is a model called Inspi710M which does not match with the details given for 700M. It is showing the price of Inspi9300 comparable with others. That is hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :roll: Why anyone then won't go for it when it is giving a dream config?? Its basic price before VAT quoted by Dell is 75K. Visit *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook5?c=in&l=en&s=bsd

And among other flaws, the most amazing is that that site is mentioning DVD writer with every system except 9300. In fact, it is other way around if you consider the basic config. So my earnest request is that please refrain from using that site, at least for Dell sonfig. I havnt checked for other brands. If you need to know about Dell models visit their site and ask for a quotation.

Adios
Sumit

anku207

Right off the assembly line
oops!

Hi,
i hope you guys can help me out. i am looking for a low
priced, value for money laptop. i need it for
presentations and research. i have to go through
multimedia cds and have access to the net daily, if
not constantly. compatibility and connectivity ( net,
MFD printers, projectors, old n near future computers
etc) is important than anything else but the one thing
i need the most from the laptop is reliability.
my budget is only 35 thousand rupees. i was
thinking of a well cooled laptop with a decent DDR2
memory and shock resistant SATA2 HDD with RAID and
good data buffer, and USB 2.0 and IEEE1394. but i
can't find an address for an authorised dealer in
bangalore (wholesale distributor?) with whom i can get
the best bargain.
my plan is to buy a wireless network combo
card adapter and a laptop cooler seperately. i would
be greatful for your advice.
Thanks

invisiblerohit

Apple lappy

hi people,

i went through most of the posts, basically to check if there is anything about apple laptops. But i cud find none.

The reason being that I am buying an apple ibook g4 12.1". Cud any1 tell me any demerits of the same(if any).

the only one i cud c ffrom my point of view is that its just that its 12.1"(but that y v call them laptops)

thanx 'n' regards,

Siriusblack

Broken In
hi, i'm from MIT manipal . I'm deperately looking for a lappy around Rs.50000 which would be used extensively on gaming. Can u suggest any . Also can u tell if it will run the new games as FEAR and Quake4 ??
and what is actually INTEL GMA 900. Is it Directx 9.0c compliant. Come on Guys. Pls Help!!!!!!!

plasmafire

Journeyman
Hi guys.. i want to buy a lappy that weighs abt 1.5-1.8 kg, uses centrino,has a DVD burner and looks sexy.
budget abt 50k(will do?)..
can u guys suggest a few models? not acer plz

plasmafire

Journeyman
but the 630M chassis alone is 2.4 kg .. i dont need the 13.1 normal screen too.. a 12 widescreen is enuff for me..
the price comes to

N540215 - Dell Inspiron(TM) 630M Intel(R) Pentium(R)M 735/750 Notebook
1 49,840.00 49,840.00

but i dont need bloody windows on my lappy..grrr

dragonlord

Broken In
lappie for vista

Hi folks,
I'm planning to go in for a lappy in a month and just started searching today.
Here's my requirements.

1. Vista Compatibility(Support for WDDM).
2. 512MB Ram(upgradeable)
3. Briteview / Ultrasharp or whatever they call the BETTER screens (size no
matter)
4. Budget Approx 50k.

Maybe the cheap lappies with a GFX card (bare minimum to support vista).

Pointers plz guys......... :roll:

merawalaid

Broken In
dragonlord,
I don't think u'll find a notebooks with a good graphics card eg (ATI Radeon/ GeForce Go) in a budget around 50k IN INDIA. Especially not with new processors like Centrino dual core.
if your budget is about 60-65K, and then you may have a few choices.
You could try this one
Acer TM4602 NWLCi
Intel Centrino 1.73 Ghz, 256 MB DDR Ram, 60 GB Hard Disk,15.4" TFT,Ati Radeon Graphic card 64 MB
DVD Writer ,Lan + Modem etc
cost Rs 53,000
upgurade to 512MB ram +4500
+ tax+handelling +carry bag etc.
Total : Aprox 60K
info:*www.braintoneinfo.com/acer.html

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi Can any one tell me lappy with this combination :
Intel 945 GM chipset + A good deecnt grafix card

I was seeing Dell HK site It has Intel 945 + Nvidia Geforce GO 7800 256 MB Price : 15134 HK $
but it is too high acc to my budget... can somebody suggest Intel 945 GM chipset + A good deecnt grafix card

Thanks

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
I am planning to buy a lappy around 60k

I found numerous models from IBM DeLL and HP which suits my needs

I just want to ask a question about the proccessor .

With this budget i am able to get

Firstly Intel Centrino 750 ie Pentium (M) 1.83 Mhz (533 Mhz) which is the most common processor that is available with all the leading brands

Secondly i came across AMD Turion 1.6 GHz which i found available with HP notebook

Finally the latest & most powerful processor
Intel Centrino Duo 1.6 Ghz (677 Mhz)

But the think is that the CPU speed is varying in all these type of processor. better the processor lesser CPU Speed but higher BUS Speed

Please tell me what do you consider the best among them and why.

knight_ad

hey guys im plannin on getting a laptop 4 myself i dont have a gr8 budget its around 35k my requirements aren't for gaming they r for office apps and a bit of multimedia fun , so which laptop would u guys recommend? also would there be a major diff in the performance in a celeron 370(I.6 G) mobile processor if i upgrade the ram to say 512 or 1g ? will the performance be comparative to a centrino processor with about 256 of ram.....

krish

Journeyman
Hi,

Which of these two will you recommend:

Acer Aspire 3003NWLMi
AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor (1.8GHz) / 256 MB DDR333 RAM / 60 GB / DVD Dual drive/ 15.4" WXGA CrystalBrite TFT screen w/ 1280 x 800 resolution / LAN / 56K Fax/Modem/ 802.11b/g wireless LAN/ 8-cell Battery/ 3 USB Ports/Linux/ 1 year standard ITW (incl. Battery)

*www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3003.html

OR

Compaq Presario M2512 AU
AMD SEMPRON 3000+ @ 1.8GHz / ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Chipset / 256MB DDR SDRAM / 40GB HDD Ultra DMA / 24X CDRW-DVD Combo Drive / 15" XGA TFT Display / ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M PCI Express Graphics / Up to 64MB Shared Memory / Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers / 56K Modem / NIC / Integrated Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g / LiIon Battery / TouchPad / S-Video TV Out / 2 USB 2.0 / FreeDOS

*cgi.ebay.in/Rs-34990-ONLY-FOR-COMP...6861148834QQcategoryZ3711QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
(Use the above link only for specifications, can't get it on compaq website)

And remember there is a big difference in their chipsets. Acer has got SIS whereas Compaq got ATI.

Please revert soon. Thanks.

Krish

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Whats ur budget and requirement ? Like I will use my lappi for gaming and multimedia so grafix card is a must for me....

Tell ur budget and use of lappi then i will look for it..

In above choices I would select Compaq obviously because of ATI :)

krish

Journeyman
See right now, price budget is a big consideration. So I want to get the best available in a budget of 35-40 K.

Mine will be used for gaming, applications like Oracle etc, and for the entertainment purpose. I know that for gaming, this is very less budget but can't help it. That's why I wan't the best in this budget.

Compaq appeals more to me too. But will storage be a constarint? As ACER has got DVD writer + 60 GB HDD and compared to compaq which got Combo + 40 GB......

What say esumitkumar ??

mervyn

hi guys, im new to this forum and i will b in india only till the 12 th may.i have just boughta sony vaio and i wanna sell my compaq v2306 ap It has an intel centrino, with 60GB hdd and a optical DVD WRITER.
the detiled specs are such:
intel centrino 740
Windows XP Home
512MB (1 x 512MB) DDR SDRAM
60GB HDD
Dual Layer DVD?RW/?R with Sonic software loaded.
Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator 900
High speed 56K modem
Integrated 10/100 LAN Ethernet, Intel? Pro/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g integrated wireless LAN
6-cell Lithium-Ion battery
14" colour TFT WXGA High-definition BrightView 15:9 Widescreen
(1) 6-in-1 Digital Media Reader slot, (1) IEEE 1394 port, (1) S-video port, (1) VGA port, (1) Port Replicator connector, (1) Headphone, (1) External Microphone, (1) AC power connector, (1) RJ-11, (1) RJ-45, (3) USB 2.0 ports
(1) Type I/II PC Card Slot with support for 16-bit PCMCIA and 32-bit Cardbus
Altec Lansing branded speakers, AC97 audio
With I TUNES , MS OFFICE

Available in Mumbai
call 9969312870 only till 12 th may06.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
wud have loved to look @ ur lappy and give u the best price for it...been looking for one for a long time..bt iam in delhi...!!

someone pls suggest a good lappy in 40k range...!! no gaming nd all..my desktop is sufficient for that..ofice applications and entertainment..

Top Bottom