pls suggest a laptop with the following config

i7 mid range or high end processor
a touchscreen interface
2 GB s of discrete graphics
4 GB s or more of ram
15'' screen
preferably a ssd but a normal hdd will do
a back-light keyboard but it would do without it

pls suggest a laptop that wud be available in India and has a price range around rs 1 lac
the asus u500vz appealed to me but unfortunately it isn't available in the Indian market so pls suggest some good alternatives
i have no choices of makes

kjabhi

Broken In
Gaming laptop under 80k

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Under 80k
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like dell,Hp

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming..indeed

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
dont kno which would be bettr..help me out in this section..

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)?
reply asap,dhanteras offers to be claimed..

rider

as Kratos
pls suggest a laptop with the following config

i7 mid range or high end processor
a touchscreen interface
2 GB s of discrete graphics
4 GB s or more of ram
15'' screen
preferably a ssd but a normal hdd will do
a back-light keyboard but it would do without it

pls suggest a laptop that wud be available in India and has a price range around rs 1 lac
the asus u500vz appealed to me but unfortunately it isn't available in the Indian market so pls suggest some good alternatives
i have no choices of makes

forget touchscreen there is no 15" laptop with touchscreen in Indian market.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Under 80k
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like dell,Hp

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming..indeed

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
dont kno which would be bettr..help me out in this section..

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)?
reply asap,dhanteras offers to be claimed..

For gaming you should opt for samsung series 5 laptop with 3rd core-i7 and nvidia GT 650 2GB DDR3. The price is 58k
Or if you want a laptop with good after sales service and 17" full HD screen and nvidia GT 650M 2GB DDR%. Get Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop.

abhynd

Right off the assembly line
forget touchscreen there is no 15" laptop with touchscreen in Indian market.

For gaming you should opt for samsung series 5 laptop with 3rd core-i7 and nvidia GT 650 2GB DDR3. The price is 58k
Or if you want a laptop with good after sales service and 17" full HD screen and nvidia GT 650M 2GB DDR%. Get Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop.

ok then suggest something with a smaller screen or without a touchscreen but keep the discrete graphics in mind

10may

brother...are ASUS laptop good?? if yes then why they give such a awsm configuration at lowest price...if no..then what are the problem with them???

sakshi133

Please suggest best alternative for the out of stock Vaio vpceh35en + 2gb RAM

under 35000.
Looks good - no easy fingerprints,
doesn't heat up,
screen size - not too large,
no major gaming requirements,
Blu-ray movies - I want to have the best movie experience, atleast,
doesn't need replacement for next 8 years - that is why under 35000 (and not, well, 27000)

Meets a student requirement. I've been working on an HCL leaptop for last 8 years or so without problems - except for replacement of the fan a couple of times (and have watched no movies). I've read reviews of Lenovo Essential G580 only problem is that its mirror finish which leads to lots of little scratches, which might make it really rough for the time period I'm planning to drag this laptop on for.

santoshk87

Broken In
Confused between Lenovo and Dell

Hi guys,

I need a quick advice coz I will be buying the laptop today.

I am confused between Dell Inspiron Special Edition and Lenovo Ideapad Z580.

Lenovo Z580 is offering 2 gb Nvidia GT 630m. 6 gb ram. 750 gb hdd. i5/3rd gen. for 48k on flipkart. Also 3 yrs warranty offer for diwali.

I would have gone for Dell Inspiron SE, but I have my doubts. I heard people are experiencing blue screen of death errors and also High temperature issues. I already knw dat dell lappy's battery will go kaput in 1-2 yrs anyways.

My main concern is RELIABILITY. I will game occasionally, not very high-end games and I am ok with playing games on medium settings coz I already have a ps3.

I will mostly play fps games occasionally wen I get time.

So wat u guys say? My primary need is RELIABILITY. I shud go for Dell or Lenovo ??

Also is there any difference between Dell Inspiron Special Edition and Dell Inspiron 15r/17r Turbo ??

Please reply soon guys...

ankit.malik

hey guys help me out !!
i am planning to buy a new dell laptop ..

my requirements are - 3rd gen i7, 8gb ram, 1tb hard disk, 2gb nvidia gpu .

now if we consider these configurations then there is one option and it costs >100K .
so ,i have an option to buy inspiron from US ,which includes everything and ever cheaper than above one.
but the real problem is - power cord !! as in print summary it says it consists of 125v power cord (which is in US), so i would like to know whether there is any option like buying a new power cord here in india ? if output is same i.e., 19.5w ??
or can they provide universal one there?
or any other suggestion is welcome
please reply !

rider

as Kratos
brother...are ASUS laptop good?? if yes then why they give such a awsm configuration at lowest price...if no..then what are the problem with them???

Which model you are talking? Asus is a good brand. They are not cheap, keep in mind majority of their models comes without windows OS that makes some laptops cheap.

Hi guys,

I need a quick advice coz I will be buying the laptop today.

I am confused between Dell Inspiron Special Edition and Lenovo Ideapad Z580.

Lenovo Z580 is offering 2 gb Nvidia GT 630m. 6 gb ram. 750 gb hdd. i5/3rd gen. for 48k on flipkart. Also 3 yrs warranty offer for diwali.

I would have gone for Dell Inspiron SE, but I have my doubts. I heard people are experiencing blue screen of death errors and also High temperature issues. I already knw dat dell lappy's battery will go kaput in 1-2 yrs anyways.

My main concern is RELIABILITY. I will game occasionally, not very high-end games and I am ok with playing games on medium settings coz I already have a ps3.

I will mostly play fps games occasionally wen I get time.

So wat u guys say? My primary need is RELIABILITY. I shud go for Dell or Lenovo ??

Also is there any difference between Dell Inspiron Special Edition and Dell Inspiron 15r/17r Turbo ??

Please reply soon guys...

Brands like hp and dell are much more reliable than lenovo ideapads. I suggest you to get Dell Inspiron 15R Tubro (previously known as Special Edition). It has HD 7730M GPU that is 50% more powerful than GT 630M.

santoshk87

Broken In
Which model you are talking? Asus is a good brand. They are not cheap, keep in mind majority of their models comes without windows OS that makes some laptops cheap.

Brands like hp and dell are much more reliable than lenovo ideapads. I suggest you to get Dell Inspiron 15R Tubro (previously known as Special Edition).

But what about people who are experiencing blue screen of death errors and also High temperature issues.

rider

as Kratos
But what about people who are experiencing blue screen of death errors and also High temperature issues.

There is no BSOD or heating issue in the dell turbo laptops. It was the problem in initially when there was no official drivers for the GPU. FYI It is the coolest laptop for the price, the temperature remains well not high like other laptops. Buy it bindaas, don't worry! :) There is an official thread to discuss about these turbo laptops. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/158133-dell-inspiron-14r-15r-17r-turbo-laptop-thread.html Ask all your questions to owners.

santoshk87

Broken In
I am going to order dell 15r SE right now.What is the difference between (3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support) and (3Year In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support and 1Yr Accidental Damage Services) ?

I mean if I go for 3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support, will I get In-home service for 3 years ??

rider

as Kratos
I am going to order dell 15r SE right now.What is the difference between (3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support) and (3Year In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support and 1Yr Accidental Damage Services) ?

I mean if I go for 3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support, will I get In-home service for 3 years ??

See the difference Help Me Choose: Warranty and Service | Dell India

I would recommed you to get 3 Years Accidental Damage.. yes you will get in home service for free. :)

Dipjyoti

Hi guys.

I was checking the sony web site when this model Sony Vaio E12127CNSVE15127CN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India caught my eye. A decent config under the budget 45k. Are there any owners of this model here? I am planning to go for it. Any suggestions about the pro and cons?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,finally I got permission to buy a lAptop for myself,and the current dv6 being taken over by my dad.I would have taken away envy 15 3201tx straight away,but hp withdrew it just a few days ago.
My requirements-
1.Budget-~INR 1lakhs.
2.Brand LIKE-hp or dell(service is the driving factor.
Brand dislikes-Sony,Lenovo.
3.Screen size 15" or 17"
4.Purpose-HardCore gaming
5.Other requisites-Should be a premium brand,backlit keyboard,expandable hard drive capacity.

Which one should I go for??

Sulthan786s

I am looking for a new Acer Aspire 5232z battery. Please any one suggest how much cost to buy and how to buy through online.

rider

as Kratos
Guys,finally I got permission to buy a lAptop for myself,and the current dv6 being taken over by my dad.I would have taken away envy 15 3201tx straight away,but hp withdrew it just a few days ago.
My requirements-
1.Budget-~INR 1lakhs.
2.Brand LIKE-hp or dell(service is the driving factor.
Brand dislikes-Sony,Lenovo.
3.Screen size 15" or 17"
4.Purpose-HardCore gaming
5.Other requisites-Should be a premium brand,backlit keyboard,expandable hard drive capacity.

Which one should I go for??

Buddy! I'm glad to suggest you to get Asus G75VW with GTX 660M 2GB DDR5 and 1080p 17" screen. The best thing is from wherever you purchase you will get international warranty by asus.

*in.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#specifications

Last edited:

krankenhause

Need to clean and dust my laptop. Does anyone know what tools are needed? Do i need a anti-static band for protection from static electricity damaging the chips in the PCB? Any extra tools like blower available? My laptop is HP G62 i3 1st generation. Preferably in Chennai.
Thanks.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
thnx buddy....but does asus hv any cntrol over its service,or is it like hp??owners of asus can enlighten us...
By the way,the model suggested by rider is awesome.

coldfury

Broken In
Im lookin to buy a laptop so i need a list of all laptops(In india and us) which have
basically looking for a gaming laptop
COst (around RS.60000 or equivalent USD) preferably cheaper :p::mrgreen:

> i7 gen 3
> 8gb ram
> nvidia 2gb 650 or above
> 500-1tb hard drive space
OR

> i5 gen 3
> 8gb ram
> nvidia 2gb 650 or above
> 500-1tb hard drive space

I also need to know(if u can) if the laptop has heating issues looking to play world of warcraft maybe 3-5 hrs a day or other high graphic demanding games. can wait about 3months or so.

So far i have found

Samsung 550p S03 ---- not sure if heating solved (60k)
(USA)IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 20998NU - Dawn Gray ------ heating issue when long gaming hours (49k)
(USA) Alienware -- mx14 does not have gen3 i7 ------- heats and noise but good ventilation's takes care of it. (80k)

IN GAMERS WE BELIEVE :wink:

Top Bottom