mukul

Journeyman
guys's i m in iitR
i m looking for a notebook with min of following configs:

processor>=740 centrino m
512 mb ddrII (533 mhz)
60 gb hdd
dvd writer
atmost a 15'' screen(14.1'' will do!!! :wink: )
bluetooth module
Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 B/G, 54mbps)
Digital Card Reader/Writer
Intel graphics media accelerator (GMA) 900 / Up to 128MB DVMT 3.0

without a operating system will do as i already have legal xp pro
don't need any softwares too

and services n support for atleast a yr

budget::: <=70k

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
Dell Inspiron 6000
it costs 53000 + 3000 to upgrade to 60GB HD
and DVD Writer

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook4?c=in&l=en&s=bsd

sumitava_b

In the zone
@agent_smith: Buddy, There are have some gap in ur info. For inspi6000, there r two submodels, one with the configuration as given, and other one with an upgradation of ATI Radeon X300 card and DVD writer with dual layer capacity. You cant mix them up. Like in the 53K model, u cant upgrade to DVD writer. The second submodel comes at around 64K. See my previous mails for details.

As far mukul's req, I think this model needs more upgrades, like processor, ram, bluetooth. And moreover there is no digital card reader mentioned in the brochure (Although a SD card reader came with my system). So after all the upgradation, I think the price will cross his budget. But if he can negotiate with either his parents or his req. then inspi6000 is the best option, in my opinion.

And Mukul, one advice from my side, r u sure to keep such a feature-heavy and costly laptop in your hostel in Roorkee? You are in fourth year, right? you can buy a above-average-but-not-so-high-end laptop and do away with it after one year when u would have joined a company or an institute. The basic model of inspi6000 is good enough for the life of roorkee. This is only my opinion. You can very well go ahead with your plan. NO hard feeling.........

ciao
Sumit

khemkarahul

Broken In
Hi!!..I'm plannin to buy a future proof laptop that wud keep me happy for atleast 5 years..I've seen the Acer Farrari 4000 Series of laptops..I liked the configuration only drawback is it's quite heavy....Can anybody sugest me a laptop which has a gud configuration and which is also not very heavy to the pocket...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
First of all the laptops cant be fututre proof for 5 years ..
It can be for 3 years

IBM now LENOVO THINKPAD R51 Series will serve your purpose..

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Compaq has few laptops .. in below 30k category but you cant get much features with that .. if its a Celron .. it would be slow .. but they do have a laptop with AMD-Sempron processor with multimedia features around 26K.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hi frenz,i wanna laptop for spme college work,GAMING,movies,music etc etc...and my BUDGET IS 70K MAX.here is the minimum requirments:-

1.intel centrino with min of 1.6GHz with 533MHz FSB and 2MB L2Cache not 400MHz FSB.
2.915 chipset
3.minimum of 512 RAM.
4.decent grapix card not dat onboard one as i'll b playing games.
5.40GB of HDD minimum more will b fantastic,if its 5400RPM den it will b gr8.
6.decent quality speakers.
7.decent battery backup.
8.14.1 or above screen with widescreen.15,15.4 is prefered.
9.COMBO drive.
10.Bluetooth is needed if its der den fine else i'll buy one will hardly cost me around 1k.
wont b buyin DELL,so plz temme any other companies LAPPY.

does any model from HP,COMPAQ has this kinda config widin 70k?
plz guyz help me out.
THANX IN ADVANCE.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
1. you can get 1.8 centrino

2. you are a AMD freek like .. me So why dont you try Athlon64 .. :wink:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@rollcage pal i wont mind Athlon or turion64 if i'll get a config like Acer FERRARI for 70k.i m really a big fan of AMD.i hav used XP2000+ and now using AMD64 3000+(939) and i m LOVING it and between these 2 i used P4 3GHz and i was so p*ssed off and i really started hating intel.but wen it comes to laptop then centrino is a clear winner by every aspect.centrino runs cooler and is less power hungry so 1st priority centrino.

come on frenz help me out,need ur suggestions, it mite make hell of a diff and i want it soon bcoz i'll b buyin a nu lappy soon.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@Aniruddh

I am too using amd .. infact one of the first ones here .. using amd for 6th year now
Acer FERRARI would gr8 but wouldnt come for 70k..
I have both .. the centrino n desktop athlon64

Let me hav a look . then i tell you

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Aniruddh said:
hi frenz,i wanna laptop for spme college work,GAMING,movies,music etc etc...and my BUDGET IS 70K MAX.here is the minimum requirments:-

1.intel centrino with min of 1.6GHz with 533MHz FSB and 2MB L2Cache not 400MHz FSB.
2.915 chipset
3.minimum of 512 RAM.
4.decent grapix card not dat onboard one as i'll b playing games.
5.40GB of HDD minimum more will b fantastic,if its 5400RPM den it will b gr8.
6.decent quality speakers.
7.decent battery backup.
8.14.1 or above screen with widescreen.15,15.4 is prefered.
9.COMBO drive.
10.Bluetooth is needed if its der den fine else i'll buy one will hardly cost me around 1k.
wont b buyin DELL,so plz temme any other companies LAPPY.

does any model from HP,COMPAQ has this kinda config widin 70k?
plz guyz help me out.
THANX IN ADVANCE.

I suggest you take a look at ThinkPad R52 series. They're quite sturdy, well
made and feature packed too. The only gripe is that they don't come with
a dedicated graphics card.

LG LW60 Express seems to be what you're looking for. Follow this link:
*www.lgezbuy.com/productdisplay.aspx?mapid=1188&modno=LW60&region=28&pid=1189&catid=68
Although it's listed for 72,300/- on that site, you can get it for less than
65,000/- from most dealers.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
R52 is a good choice. comes wid almost all the features except a dedicated graphics card. but if u can live wid it, its the best value for money.

tho lenovo laptops never looked good, they are good value for money.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@Yamaraj pal i dun wanna go for a brand like LG,SAMSUNG,specially LG if i wont hav a betta option den i mite go for SAMSUNG but no way LG its all cr*p as far as i kno.still thanx a lot for ur suggestion.any other option?

@infra_red_dude i totally agree with u dat IBM is one of the best company wen comes to laptop at the same time der built quality is juz awesome but i wanna lappy wid dedicated grapix card and it has juz 256ram,40GB HDD 4200,no widescreen and as it dun hav a external gpu so i dun think i m gonna go for dat still thanx for the suggestion.any other gud lappy wid dedicated card?

:arrow: does any one here hav any idea bout the price and performance of HP NC8230 series and NC6230 series?they seems to me a powerful lappy wid gud config and at the same time they hav a dedicated grapix card.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@Aniruddh

I may not be able to reply a few days.. just tellin you in short

1st IBM is gr8 no doubt on that .. excellent business laptop .. R52 is good
1.7Gz Centrino is standard
:arrow: ask them which is the highest speed they can offer in it ..
(i know its lenovo now .. )

2ndly My frd took a Compaq laptop in Navratras, .. dont know the model no .. but its celron n a widescreen one. costs around 30k ... but he added a few stuff So, he paid around 37k

What I want to tell you is ... try for a Wide-Screen laptop .. they are Hot these days ..

3rd Amd are also good but Centrino is certainly popular for cool runnning

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Well guyz i m not getting a gud laptop wid dedicated grapix :cry:,except for ACER 4601WLMi with X700 but dont wanna go for ACER.so now i hav decided to go for a COMPAQ V4118AP with the following config:-

1-Intel centrino 740(1.73GHz) 2MB L2Cache,533MHz FSB
2-60GB (5400RPM) HDD
3-256*2 RAM
4-15.4 Widescreen TFT 1280X800 WXGA screen
5-INTEL Graphics 900
6-8x DVD-RW double layer(8.5GB)
7-Windows HOME SP2
8-56k modem,4 USB 2.0,integrated BLUETOOTH,802.11 b/g,intel Pro/wireless 2200BG,altec lansing speakers.2.9 kg weight.

:arrow: this will come around 60k including all taxes and a 256 ram as it has 256 by default.
:arrow: so wat u guyz say bout this compaq lappy?shud i go for it or there is a betta option then dis?
:arrow: by the way wats the config of IBM R52 and how much it is gonna cost?

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Compaq V4118AP doesn't have dedicated graphics. It's definitely a good machine, but not
in the same league as IBM/Lenovo or Fujitsu. I suggest you at least visit an LG dealer for the LW60.
LG laptops are not bad in quality and the price/performance ratio is too good to resist, IMHO.
If you can live without dedicated graphics, ThinkPad R52 is the best choice.

ThinkPad R52 (1860A35)
-------------------------------------------
·Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology
-Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750
(1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
-Intel® PRO/Wireless Network
-Connection 802.11b/g
·Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
·Intel® 915 GM Chipset
·256 MB PC2 4200 DDR2 533MHz SDRAM
·60GB HDD with Shock Absorber & Active Protection System
·DVD-CD/RW Combo Drive
·Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
·One Express Card slot
·Embedded Security Subsystem
·Bluetooth
·Modem, Gigabit Ethernet
·UltraNAV (TouchPad + TrackPoint)
·38.1 cms (15 inches) TFT monitor
·3-year customer carry-in global warranty

It will cost you around 65000/-

ThinkPad R52 (1860A33)
-------------------------------------------
·Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology
-Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750
(1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
-Intel® PRO/Wireless Network
-Connection 802.11b/g
·Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
·Intel® 915 GM Chipset
·256MB PC2 4200 DDR2 533MHz SDRAM
·80GB HDD with Shock Absorber & Active Protection System
·DVD-CD/RW Combo Drive
·Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
·One Express Card slot
·Embedded Security Subsystem
·Bluetooth
·Modem, Gigabit Ethernet
·Integrated Fingerprint Authenticator
·UltraNAV (TouchPad + TrackPoint)
·38.1 cms (15 inches) TFT monitor
·3-year customer carry-in global warranty

This comes for 68000/- to 70000/-.

I consider these two models best in ThinkPad R52 series.

HellGuardian

Broken In
can any1 plz tell me the price of laptop components, like 256 mb or 512 mb ram, a gfx card like 6200go or x300 or x600 mobility and so on...

Top Bottom