All laptop related queries here!!!

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
I was thinking of getting a laptop from the US, I am stuck on the choice Between
ASUS N61Jq-X1 and Dell Studio XPS 16.
ASUS has USB 3.0, and Dell has a superb screen and looks and 9cell.
Other specs are same, i7, 4gb ram, ati 5730 graphics.

I heard ASUS laptops are very reliable, is it true?

pranavrahul

Journeyman
Well which one is better guys, here are the configs:

Acer 4740G ( Intel i5 , nvidia 310m 512 mb, 4gb ram and 500 gb hard disk, 14 inch)

OR

Dell Studio 15 (i3 processor, 2 gb ram and 320 gb hd, with ati 4500 card (512 mb), 15 inch)

I'm from Nepal, and this is literally the last two options i have after searching the market and comparing most of the laptops. i have to make a decision between these two. Which one should i go for guys? According to the specs, the Acer does look better, but i heard there are complains regarding Acer laptops and Dell Studio is preferred. Btw, is the graphic card Ati 4500 in dell studio 15 (1558) a really old one? cause most of the new laptops have ati 5470. Help me guys!

gauravkeswani92

Right off the assembly line
Ok! I am a tech noob and need some helphelp here in deciding on which laptop to buy! Budget is till around 60k and I have looked at the following options till now:

USES:
1>Programming(So I need a real awesome keyboard)
2>Watching HD movies(A full HD 1080p would be awesome)
3>A LITTLE bit of gaming(But that is not a criteria)

1>Dell Studio 15
Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor (2.4GHz, 4 Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93GHz, 3M cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
McAfee(R) Security Center (Multi-Language) - 15 Months Version
15.6 " Full HD(1080p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLife™
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution
6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 1GB
Bluetooth Mouse
Price=56540/-

2>Macbook Pro 13''
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
2.4-2.53 Ghz
4GB DDR3 Ram
250Gb Harddisk
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
Battery last upto 10hours on a single charge
Price=59900/-

3>Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/B
Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA:1366 x 768) VAIO Display, LED backlight
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics
Instant web browsing: Quick Web Access button
Bundled media player "Media Gallery" & creation software "PMB VAIO Edition"
Price=57990/-

Desktop Option:(Though Id prefer the laptop)
1>IMac 21.5"

3.03Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
1920-by-1080 resolution
4GB (two 2GB) DDR3 memory
500GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
256MB NVIDIA Gforce 9600GT
Price=51900/-

I am going to do my Computer engineering starting this year and wanted to know whether I will be able to C/C++/Java/Visual Basic etc programming through the windows I install through bootcamp in Mac?? If yes, then I dont think Ill be looking at anything else!

Anyother other good laptops in that range would also be good!

bhaskar

Broken In
Hi, i have also shortlisted those two models. One of my friend has the vaio. It has superb picture quality and gaming performance is also good but it has some heating issues. The temp rises to 50-60 deg cel within 15min. Does anyone have seen the same problem?

tarana2000

where can I buy this piece???

hey ppl
I was searching for a laptop and zeroed on Compaq CQ42-176TX, however I dont know where to buy it as no Compaq dealer is aware of this model though its listed in HP India site.

Check it out::

Compaq Presario CQ42-176TX Notebook PC (WR657PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Even the person I spoke to at the toll free no provided at HP India site has no idea!!!!!
(dunno what they are paid for?!)

Just check out the specs and advise if they are ok and please help me find this in India!!

Re: where can I buy this piece???

hey ppl
I was searching for a laptop and zeroed on Compaq CQ42-176TX, however I dont know where to buy it as no Compaq dealer is aware of this model though its listed in HP India site.

Check it out::

Compaq Presario CQ42-176TX Notebook PC (WR657PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Even the person I spoke to at the toll free no provided at HP India site has no idea!!!!!
(dunno what they are paid for?!)

Just check out the specs and advise if they are ok and please help me find this in India!!

looks good for the config, you can try at any local retail outlets.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I have a Dell Insipiron bought in Nov 2008. its out of Warranty. Now the webcam is not working and screen from the begining had two or three dead pixels and now the screen has developed a white vertical line. now for replacememnt of screen, dell is charging 11000/-. for webcam, they want me to contact sales team.

other option is to go for extended warranty in which my LCD will be replaced. It costs 15K+. The config of my laptop is:
C2D 2.2 GHz
15.4" Inch Screen (Glossy)
3 GB DDR2 RAM
No OS
250 GB HDD
DVD Writer
HDMI Port
4 USB Ports
9 Cell Battery with Original Charger
5.1 Channel Sound

Battery was recently bought.

Now i want to know is that if i get my screen and webcam changed from outside, what charges can i expect and if i want to sell off this laptop, how much can i expect. I bought this laptop in Delhi and now presently in Bangalore. Please help.

can u give some sites, i was unable to find displays on lynx

sorry bro searched a lot could not find any proper site, last time lynx had all sizes,however check with local repair shops, as most of the laptops have lg panels.

India laptop screen, India laptop screen manufacturers, India laptop screen suppliers and companies on Alibaba.com

Laptop Screens

Cloud-S

Laptop Suggestion

Cost: 40,000 - 48,000

For Casual Gaming and Multimedia.

I am currently looking at Dell & HP.

Can you suggest some models, I can look to other brands too.

Thanks

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hello which is a better of these three

1> HP PAVILION DV6 2141EE

2> ACER 4740G

3>ACER 5740G

Also pls someone give me prices of those.

which is a better graphics solution NVIDIA GeForce G 105M or ATI HD 4750?

vineetrok

Broken In
i want to buy a laptop under 35k, i prefer acer, i would actually prefer combination of i3 and 512mb dedicated graphics ,but that doesent fit under my budget,
what u guys think abouv aspire 5542G with linux @33k ? Will its AMD turion be a problem for long term?

Last edited:

s_arka_r

Broken In
Guys!
I need to buy a laptop soon and my budget is Rs. 70k..
My requirements are the following:
1. Core i7 proccy
2. 4-6 GB RAM
3. 500 GB HDD
4. HD screen
5. decent graphics card

up to now only Dell Studio 15 has been under consideration.

But, i am open to any suggestion.
plz. help me out.

howitzer

guys, help me out pls. Need a laptop

Budget: 30-45K, the lesser the better, something vfm and good build.
Specs: i3/i5 proccy
2-4GB memory
320-500 GB HDD
between 14-16" screen size
dedicated gfx (also pls comment on heating issues)
good wi-fi connectivity
good battery life

My softwares dont work in vista/win7 (xp mode does not work too), so need something having xp or prob without OS, the latter preferred more. A minor point, pls also mention the number of USB ports. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anything from Acer/Toshiba, open to other options.

Last edited:

the_souvik

Addicted
hey guys can you help. My Asus EEEPC has a strange problem. It is shutting down when in battary mode even though the battery is almost full. Is that a serious problem?

ayushman9

Journeyman
i am ayushman from pune
please suggest me a core i7 based or any quad core laptop
budjet is at max rs 75k and i will buy from india only
kindly suggest some models with pros and cons .please only tell me about cpu and gpu only ,rest hardware does not matter
i will be mainly using it for gaming like cod 4 in low to mid settings

aniket.cain

Padawan
All laptop related queries here ! ! !

Hi Guys,

I need to buy a new laptop within the next 1 month. I need a 17" screen with Full HD (1080p) resolution. An i5/i7 processor, 4 GB RAM, and a good graphics card is also required. I'll be using it primarily for watching movies and gaming. My budget is 70-75,000 at max.
There is a model I saw on Dell which costs around 70k.

Processor - i7 -740QM
RAM - 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Display - 15.6" Edge to Edge Full HD
HDD - 500GB SATA 7200 RPM
GPU - 1 GB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730

Adding a BD-ROM drive and a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Card will round it off to 75k. The only problem is that it has a 15.6" screen. Oh, and also, my friends have been suggesting me not to buy a Dell as most of their laptops develop serious problems within a short time.

Could you please suggest some alternatives and help me decide the best one?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom