All laptop related queries here!!!

aytus

The Boss
@coolendra u r lucky as recently most probably just few days after u orddered ur lappy . dell india has increased prices on both xps 1330 and 1530 although the default config has been upgraded. it is very clear to see that overall the price they have increaded mostly due to the popularity that they have received on these xps models.

even some upgrades like 9 cell battery which was around 2000 back then has gone up to 8000 now.

actually there was a fire in LG,s factory about 2-3 weeks ago which manufactured these battries for laptops .. accountion for approximatly 40percent of all battries .. so simple supply and demand game here.. source:techpowerup.com

jatt

In the zone
I have HP compaq presario V2000 with 256MB RAM i want to install windows vista on it.so i need to upgrade its RAM.please suggest here for upgardes.
thanks in advance.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
@coolendra u r lucky as recently most probably just few days after u orddered ur lappy . dell india has increased prices on both xps 1330 and 1530 although the default config has been upgraded. it is very clear to see that overall the price they have increaded mostly due to the popularity that they have received on these xps models.

even some upgrades like 9 cell battery which was around 2000 back then has gone up to 8000 now.

ya i just checked that....indeed 9-cell costs a hell of a lot now....

When did you place the order?.....How much discount did you get?

i got the lappy through dell's EPP as my brother is working in Dell...[;)]..

hi .. im curious how did u get that price. .. did u get that with a coupon or jst the barganing .. also did u bought it from india??

and ru sure the graphics ram is DDR3??
i called cc and they told me it was DDR2

please conform

the 8600GT in the XPS 1530 is indeed a DDR3...(thats wat the BIOS is showing....[;)]...)

actually there was a fire in LG,s factory about 2-3 weeks ago which manufactured these battries for laptops .. accountion for approximatly 40percent of all battries .. so simple supply and demand game here.. source:techpowerup.com

Okz....that makes sense....dnt know bout the fire....

also mine's a freakin samsung screen...dint notice much grainyness in it though....but u could see it if a wallpaper has white backgroung....otherwise this beauty i a wicked one...cool to flaunt nd play...

cyberpyrate

Broken In
i am thinking of going for xps m1530

i can either go for 4gb of ram(instead of 3 gb) or 160 gb high performance drive instead of 160 gb standard

which is the better option?

oh yeah oter specs : c2d 2.0 ghz 8600 m gt

machine will be used for gaming

Last edited:

gopz

In the zone
I assume you will run 32bit vista? So its better to go in for the faster hard drive instead of 4gb RAM. Because it will make a difference for gaming.

tusharlad

Down to Earth
Hi ! coolendra ,
yours is a nice configuration at very lucrative price.
me and most others are not fortunate like you to have benifites of EPP etc.

You have really the steal.

I M also going to place order for XPS 1530 within a week.
Please post your review of the system. it will be very helpful strengthening my decision. My configuration is going as high as 66000

roker89

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone give me some info about laptops within 50k budget...?? Its urgent..plz help me out...
in 50k u can have a decent lappy ....... u can go for dell inspiron or xps(52-53k) and config as per ur needs
u can also try compaq

nikhildhanda

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys i want to buy XPS M1330 and with a high config which is turning out to be quite costly and the price listed on the site is

Rs. 69,000 /- incl of taxes nd delivery

My question is that ; the taxes are raising the cost by almost 10-12 K..

1. Is ther some way of getting this waived and are bargains possible with dell through phone??...

2. Also if anyone has bought an XPS and have managed a discount..can you plz tell me the number to contact and the sales guy who sold it to you?(may be he/she will giv enuff discnts )

3. Is it true that if we dont really need it delivered within 15 days then we can get further discounts??

4. Also if we tell them that we do not need the reciept..will the taxes be waived??..

5. Do you think a 10 - 15 % discount is possible??

6. If any1 can Provide me some discounts plz do respond ???...

Thanks..

Nikhil

Pathik

Google Bot
Sub-20k EEE PC, HCL Mileap X, For 22k you can get a Acer 5315.
Wait for a month or two and you ll get the MSI Wind in 21k.

gopz

In the zone
There was a Lenovo laptop on sale at SPAR supermarket in Bangalore for Rs.19,990. Celeron, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, DVDRW etc.

But the sale was just for 2 days, you might wanna check with them if they have any stocks left.

There was a Lenovo laptop on sale at SPAR supermarket in Bangalore for Rs.19,990. Celeron, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, DVDRW etc.

But the sale was just for 2 days, you might wanna check with them if they have any stocks left.
talking about here back home, I remember an ad about a really good config laptop with 160 gb hdd, celeron D 420 or 540, dvd rw, etc for 17.5k on what I *think* was an NIIT advertisement.

I think I was on my way to somewhere near majestic, from near mekhri circle.

did anyone notice the same ?

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
Me too looking for a new lappy. Visited Dell website. There are so many processors listed viz t5270, t5780 etc etc..

Can someone tell me or point me in right direction about these? I tried googling but that dint help much. Want to know so that I can make an informed decision and choose the right proccy w/o burning a hole in my pocket.

Dell Vostro 1200, seems to be ok for me. Seems to be a good value for money too.

navrajyadav

Broken In
hi everyone,

i recently buy compaq f739 au laptop, i install xp on it. please any one provide me link for its drivers for xp. there is no sound, no lan cardetc

please help me

aytus

The Boss
I have HP compaq presario V2000 with 256MB RAM i want to install windows vista on it.so i need to upgrade its RAM.please suggest here for upgardes.
thanks in advance.
go to youtube and im pretty much sure you will find some vids showcasing how to change ram in your lappy
Hey guys i want to buy XPS M1330 and with a high config which is turning out to be quite costly and the price listed on the site is

Rs. 69,000 /- incl of taxes nd delivery

My question is that ; the taxes are raising the cost by almost 10-12 K..

1. Is ther some way of getting this waived and are bargains possible with dell through phone??...

2. Also if anyone has bought an XPS and have managed a discount..can you plz tell me the number to contact and the sales guy who sold it to you?(may be he/she will giv enuff discnts )

3. Is it true that if we dont really need it delivered within 15 days then we can get further discounts??

4. Also if we tell them that we do not need the reciept..will the taxes be waived??..

5. Do you think a 10 - 15 % discount is possible??

6. If any1 can Provide me some discounts plz do respond ???...

Thanks..

Nikhil
i have heard people get discounts and freebies when striking a deal with dell.
though i am unsure of this but when i called dell for my xps order then they told me that the tax can be waived if you are ordering for home use only.. i dont know exactly what were they talking about though. some1 friend on notebookreview forums also had the same reply/ he told me its an option now.
I assume you will run 32bit vista? So its better to go in for the faster hard drive instead of 4gb RAM. Because it will make a difference for gaming.
actually.. yes the 32 bit version cant use more then 3.2GB but are u sure that it would be the case as the some IRQ is allocated to system ram equal to video ram present in gfx card and that ram is also useless.. plus there is some debate on the performance gains of 7200 rpm drives.. ppl say that the gains are very small as density plays a more important role in these hard drives .. in simple words u wont expect high performance gains on 7200rpm drives compared to 5400 drives if the capicity is excedding 200 gb..
Me too looking for a new lappy. Visited Dell website. There are so many processors listed viz t5270, t5780 etc etc..

Can someone tell me or point me in right direction about these? I tried googling but that dint help much. Want to know so that I can make an informed decision and choose the right proccy w/o burning a hole in my pocket.

Dell Vostro 1200, seems to be ok for me. Seems to be a good value for money too.

5xxx series is old now. they dont offer good performance 7250 is ok.. but these are based on 65nm dies ... the newer chipsets 8xxx and 9xxx are merom chipsets based on 45nm dies .. they consume lesser power .. and hav a bit higher cache.. i think 8300 is the sweet spot rit now.. go with it if u can.

Top Bottom