All laptop related queries here!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, saurabh you are correct. the vendor id for hdaudio is 8086 (intel, of corz). creative is providing only software and charging for that is bad.. really bad.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
so this means they are just making fool by not giving full details of the sound card. i was think that they are providing creative sound card.
So not good for such a big company......................

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, i checked the pci device id. the hdaudio has 8086 (intel) while the codec is provided by sigmatel. thats it. the only hardware that creative is supplying is the integrated cam and nothing else in the whole package!

that audigy hype is jus software (media manager, audio control panel, wavestudio)

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
deepakchan said:
long back there was a discussion about charging laptops in cars, check this out, *www.axiomenergy.co.in/index.html

Can I use my Laptop's 90W AC adapter with 75W car inverter??

Power consumption of prinetrs is generally less than 15W so can i connect my printer to my car inverter and can use it??

Wat r the devices u r using with this???

srinivasr

Right off the assembly line
Finally I have ordered my first laptop from Dell I 1520, ordered on 26th, I believe I have taken the right decision, I would like to know if anybody has ordered the Advanced Audigy Software along with there 1520, I am doubting if I wasted money on that option as its only a software.

Hey guys after how many days did you receive your dell's after ur order date. The guy said 18 days, how abt you people ...

Srinivas

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
I have also order my first laptop from Dell I 1520 with th Advanced Audigy Software. initially i was also thinking that they provide the creative sound card with the software but that is not the case.
To me the sale guys said 15 working days to deliver the system & also check the site it showing the expected date similarly.
So I am also waiting for the laptop to come.
Is anyone has tested the Intel Audio chip which come with the system & hows the sound quality it has.

Also anyone knows from where i can get the creative express sound card in India.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ the audio quality of the onboard intel hd audio is quite good and sufficient for normal usage... the audigy software allows eax, 3d and other enhancements.

pradeeprajmbbs

Finally Ordered Del 1520 sterday. Just called the customer care for a enquiry, the person said that offer closes shortly by few hrs n so i wil be missing a graphics card n 120gb hdd for extra 1000 rupees, even if i order even few hours late n they are updating dell web page. So i ordered it the same time, since i was already planned for dell 1520 boz i was attracted by its 3years complete cover. My config is
Dell 1520
Processor T5250
1 gb ram
120 gb hdd
15.4 (1440x900) TFT Display
8600m graphics memory
3 yrs complete cover

So it came to 62394, i pay it with myCC same day :p. The same config now costs 67618. Thanks to [URL="*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=1894"]Sourabh n others in the forum for their suggestions[/URL]*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=1894

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
the audigy software allows eax, 3d and other enhancements.

These are not available if you use Windows Vista. You have to pay $20 for Creative Alchemy software to enable these features in Vista.

No problem if you use XP.

netprog

Which santa rosa laptop is available with xp pro now...(like dell vostro1500)
I need a 14inch one.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Check out LG C1 and Sony VAIO TZ Series.

LG C1 is available for 93k, for TZ I'd say go with the prices quoted on their website.

TechHunter

The Hunt is On
Hi Guys,

I am facing some problem while trying to connect my laptop to net using bluetooth.

I had activated my Airtel GPRS for 24hrs using Airtel's instant GPRS service.
After setting up my mobile(Motorola L6) as an external modem via bluetooth, with the setup details as given by Airtel Custome Care, when i try to dial up its giving me a error stating "Error 692: There is a hardware failure in modem or some other device...".
I am able to browse using the mobile's inbuilt browser though.

Before this error comes up, while dialup, the laptop access the Moble and requests for permission to network Gateway twice. The error comes up after i give "Grant" access to both the request.

Please let me know if anyone of you have faced this issue and how to get it resolved.

Thanks,
TechHunter.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Its my turn to buy a laptop. Budget is upto 50000rs
Main usage will be for multimedia / internet - slight gaming. I prefer AMD . [Apps running are Photoshop ,Maya , Adobe Premiere ]
I am really confused about the brands , HP , Acer ,Dell , Toshiba.
No sony , compaq - preferably .

Hopefully you can suggest some thing ...

Last edited:

theshield247

digit i am thinking said:
From where can i get all laptop prices in india.

Try here, Also add 4% VAT and Delivery charges Applicable

*fastrackcomputing.net/shop/

Guys, thanks a lot for your posts and opinions. I have been checking your posts on laptops since the past few days. I am after the HP dv6516tx.

*fastrackcomputing.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1392

On the above link it says it has a 1.3 MP Camera, But someone had mentioned earlier that it only has a VGA? Well does it?

More Info on DV6516TX as on the Original Website

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...116665-1116665-1116665-13077980-80376335.html

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ actually i dont see megapixel class cam utility on the laptop. that will mainly be used for webcam conferences etc. for which in my opinion a vga cam is jus fine. the dv6516tx has 1.3mp cam. confirm wid imav.

TechHunter

The Hunt is On
^^^ Nope DV6516tx doesn't have 1.3 Mpx camera. It has a VGA camera.

Also the OS in DV6516 is "Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium" and not "Genuine Windows Vista™ Ultimate" as given in the "Fastrack" site.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Guys one Question what abt the cemra in Insprion 1520 (dell) which has 2MP camera whether its vga or something else ....................

Top Bottom