All laptop related queries here!!!

sivarap

In the zone
Sourabh said:
@sivarap: You should wait for the new Santa Rosa based notebooks to hit the Indian shore. Manufacturers sell notebooks with T7200 with a high premium in India. The T5x00 Core 2 Duos are more common. So, I were you, I won't bother about T7200 in May 2007. Hope you get the point!

I have just ordered the Inspiron 640m notebook from Dell :)
I am getting it from teh US so it is almost 15K cheaper. What say? ofcourse the warrenty is a risk.

what is the performance difference between 1.6Ghz with 2MB L2cache and 2GHz 4MB L2 cache?
(The price difference is Huge :D)

Sourabh

Laptoping
The performance different is not much to warrant the premium costs. If you do plan to get it, get those ASUS machines G1, G2, a8js or similar. They come with T7200, nice GPUs and 2GB RAM. Dells, Lenovos and HPs are too expensive for it on customization.

Just my views!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@Ganeshkumar

Wht r u going to use Radeon for? If intensive gaming, a definite no-no. For general purpose like movies, etc. it is ok.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Shud wrk provided if u have enuf free ram but if u hav a few applications running as well, performance will suffer...

I want "only laptop " from any good reputed and with good post sales service,

config should be- 15.4" wide screen tft, 2gz c2d 667 mz atleast, a dedicated 256 mb gfx,1gb ram(upgradable to 2-4gb) 80-120 gb hdd,dvd rw dl dvdram,and other common stuff like usb ports, fire wire port, good complete key board etc......

suggestions would be appreciated,

i dont want pre installed M$ OS, I would using linux or solaris...

sivarap

In the zone
shri75 said:
I want "only laptop " from any good reputed and with good post sales service,

config should be- 15.4" wide screen tft, 2gz c2d 667 mz atleast, a dedicated 256 mb gfx,1gb ram(upgradable to 2-4gb) 80-120 gb hdd,dvd rw dl dvdram,and other common stuff like usb ports, fire wire port, good complete key board etc......

suggestions would be appreciated,

i dont want pre installed M$ OS, I would using linux or solaris...

The usual reply in the thread....DELL inspiron 6400 or HP dv6xxx series

sivarap

In the zone
You can choose to get Linux installed....I don't think that will be a problem. But you will not be able to buy online.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
shri75 said:
^^ thats ok, I want to know the models from other makers as dell , lenovo, hp are costly.

But their service is good. What if your hard disk or keyboard konks off? You'll be running around with ur laptop?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
shri75 said:
^^ thats ok, I want to know the models from other makers as dell , lenovo, hp are costly.

Dell is relatively the Cheaper one with HP, Lenovo...... :)

I think HCL is the Cheapest laptop available here...

Ganeshkumar said:
Dell is relatively the Cheaper one with HP, Lenovo...... :)

I think HCL is the Cheapest laptop available here...

checked hcl models not liked them,

will dell provide without M$ os,thus price could reduced.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
shri75 said:
checked hcl models not liked them,

will dell provide without M$ os,thus price could reduced.

Yes for me too...
Thats y I went for DELL... But they wont come without MS OS.... I confirmed frm DELL...:(

Anyway I think it is a good bet...

sivarap said:
Whaaat? Dell is cheaper than HP? no way

Are U in INDIA???:confused:

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
yes I am but I've watched only teh US prices....I want someone to buy it from there..... :D...really....is DELL cheaper than HP?

sivarap

In the zone
Which one is better?
256 MB ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(R)X1400 Hypermemory
or
256 NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7300 Turbo Cache

Also please telme why.....I am very confused as i don't know much about GFXz card.

Last edited:

rajputsanju

Right off the assembly line
hi , I m sanju, i m a new member of this community, first of all hello! to every one. I have some query , that i have a compaq presario V2000 series laptop, i m running windows VISTA on my notebook, my motherboard is intel 915 gm chipset, so my inbuilt graphics card is 128 mb, so i m not able to enjoy the windows AERO glass theme, coz its need higher graphics card, can any tell me tht is it possible to upgrade or set a graphics card on tht mother board mentioned above?, i m waiting for ur reply frends..........

Top Bottom