Alienware X51 desktop config help

CF34

Right off the assembly line
Hello, I'm thinking of buying the Alienware X51 desktop. I'm having some difficulty in choosing between 2 models. One of them has the i5 3450(3.1GHz, 6MB L3 cache) processor and the other has the i7 3770(3.4GHz, 8MB L3 cache) processor. There is a difference of Rs.3000 between the two models. I get a BD-ROM reader/DVD writer with the i5 model though. Apart from that the two desktops are having the same configuration.

Alienware X51 Desktop

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 Processor (3.10 GHz, 6MB Cache, with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
OR
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache, with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555

8GB dual channel RAM @ MHz

Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English)

I plan to use this desktop mainly for FSX/FS9(MS Flight Simulator) but, I also do intend to install other games like Codemasters F1 2012 and Sleeping Dogs as well. I don't do any video editing.
My budget is around Rs.70K. If there are better PC's for around the same price or less then please feel free to suggest. I prefer branded desktops.

Regards,
Prateek

doomgiver

Warframe
any reason for preferring branded desktops? you know you can buy cheaper ones that give more performance.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
70K is a very large investment for a gaming rig, something that- assuming people do spend it all at the same time- is something that one will find comfort in an assembled rig. Besides, if you plan to make any GPU upgrades in the future you are limited to the system's form factor. If you're thinking about the formfactor, you get mini ITX boards for sandy/ivybridge processors and you get mini itx cases that are known to take 10" long cards easily.

Top Bottom