[For Sale] Alienware M17x [Brand New - Never Used]

Romeo

Broken In
Alienware 17 [Brand New - Never Used]

Condition: Brand New Never Used - Open Box (Box - included) - *PRICE UPDATED*

Model number and details: Alienware 17

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ - 2.4GHz - clock speed up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost
Hard Drive: 1.5TB 7200rpm + 64GB SSD
Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
Operating System: Windows 8 [Free of Cost upgradeable to Windows 8.1]
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 1080p Screen
Optical Drive: Slot-Loading 8x SuperMulti Drive (DVD/R/RW)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M (3GB)
Cards Reader: SD; SDHC; SDXC; MS; MS Pro; MSXC; MMC; MMC+
Webcam & Microphone
HDMI

Date of purchase: MAY - 2014
Warranty: No Warranty (India)
Reason for sale: Got Extra
Expected Price: 100K - 120K (Negotiable) [ Feel free to quote your desired price ]
Location of Seller: Hyderabad
Payment Option: Cash - Preferred

Note: Please feel free to quote your prices or private message me as the price is Negotiable or for any Q/A, Thank You.

Photos Link:

View attachment 14445
View attachment 14444
View attachment 14446
View attachment 14447

*imgur.com/QENdKR8
*imgur.com/ayV3N8y
*imgur.com/RorcPL7
*imgur.com/GMduFog

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
don't you think 1.5 lakhs is a just too much for a warranty less laptop when there are better ones available at lesser price?

OP
Romeo

Romeo

Broken In
That was the reason I said price is negotiable as people will come up with such a reason. Please feel free to quote your price SaiyanGoku if your interested in buying.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
That was the reason I said price is negotiable as people will come up with such a reason. Please feel free to quote your price SaiyanGoku if your interested in buying.

A suggestion - Bring the price to realistic values and make it negotiable. People tend to repel at un-reasonably highly priced sale threads the potential buyers do not even come back for negotiation unless they need it so urgently. An alienware is not a need and its a luxury. So you should price it properly for people to come back.

BTW, I have no intention to troll your thread and I can PM you this. But I am putting it here so that it helps all newbies to the forum.
All the best for your sale.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
GTX 770M , alien ware build quality and other benefits could actually make 1L a good claim in India, But that void warranty kills it right there, anything happens to that GPU or anything after the transaction, the owner enters into epic suffering. I know because i own a similar laptop.

OP
Romeo

Romeo

Broken In
rakesh_ic Thanks for your suggestion. Ofcourse i am here to take things in a positive way so no way of thinking anything bad about what you said :)

I said price as Negotiable because i can go below 150k or above, depending upon the buyer's interest in it and the amount he/she willing to pay. And ofcourse, i don't know much about Indian market price at the moment so wanted to post it here to get the exact idea of pricing.

I still ask all the users to post there desired price, ofcourse i won't mind for any low ballers even, because finally i am the one who will decide for it :)

sam_738844 Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
OP
Romeo

Romeo

Broken In
it's M17x ... that what it says on the back side of the laptop ... it's a customized one :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
it's M17x ... that what it says on the back side of the laptop ... it's a customized one :)

It's Alienware 17....
The reason why m17x must be written is because the codename for Alienware 17 is M17x R5. Dell Stopped calling the 5th refresh line m17x.
Alienware 17 is the newer model so I guess you should advertise it like that.

Also, Win 8 does not have a Home Premium version. Is it Win 7 Home Premium or Win 8?

The price tag of 1L 20K is ridiculous because at 1L 25K you can get ASUS ROG with GTX 860m which is maxwell and performs around 5-10% better than GTX 770m all under warranty.
I would have loved to quote a price but it will be difficult to lug around a 17" AW around college campus.

OP
Romeo

Romeo

Broken In
It's Alienware 17....
The reason why m17x must be written is because the codename for Alienware 17 is M17x R5. Dell Stopped calling the 5th refresh line m17x.
Alienware 17 is the newer model so I guess you should advertise it like that.

Also, Win 8 does not have a Home Premium version. Is it Win 7 Home Premium or Win 8?

The price tag of 1L 20K is ridiculous because at 1L 25K you can get ASUS ROG with GTX 860m which is maxwell and performs around 5-10% better than GTX 770m all under warranty.
I would have loved to quote a price but it will be difficult to lug around a 17" AW around college campus.

seamon Thanks for your valuable information ... Title ... Model ... OS and Price - *Updated* :)

Also can you please share the link of ASUS ROG with GTX 860m for Price under 1L 25K ... Thank You :) And Yes, if your interested you can quote your price ... i always said Low Ballers are welcome too ;)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Flipkart is selling for 1L 27k

*www.flipkart.com/asus-t4018p-g750-series-laptop/p/itmdvhyhwk3snegf

- - - Updated - - -

It should be available locally for under 1L 25k.

- - - Updated - - -

Alienwares are just not viable for classrooms otherwise I would have offered something. :/

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=2434]Romeo[/MENTION]

Instead of posting the links to the pictures, you could embed the pictures instead into your opening post!!!
That way it would be easier for the people on tapatalk!!! :)

Anyway, hope you are able to sell it soon!!! :-D

:offtopic: [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
Which college did you take admission in???

OP
Romeo

Romeo

Broken In
seamon Thanks for the link ... but seems it doesn't have a SSD ... which would make a big difference for sure. Anyways, nevermind ... it's nice to hear from you. Do lemme know if someone around willing to buy it :)

Also i am curious to know then why the same company "Flipkart" comes up with high price when it comes to Dell Alienware with low configuration as of my listing:

*www.flipkart.com/laptops/pr?p[]=fa...,b5g&ref=34bcb33d-8a6d-462a-849a-e25d79779e4d

Ofcourse the built quality matter when it comes to Dell.

- - - Updated - - -

powerhoney - Thanks for the wish and suggestion ... Done adding pics as attachment :)

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=2434]Romeo[/MENTION]

:offtopic: [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
Which college did you take admission in???

Next year lol.

- - - Updated - - -

seamon Thanks for the link ... but seems it doesn't have a SSD ... which would make a big difference for sure. Anyways, nevermind ... it's nice to hear from you. Do lemme know if someone around willing to buy it :)

Also i am curious to know then why the same company "Flipkart" comes up with high price when it comes to Dell Alienware with low configuration as of my listing:

*www.flipkart.com/laptops/pr?p[]=fa...,b5g&ref=34bcb33d-8a6d-462a-849a-e25d79779e4d

Ofcourse the built quality matter when it comes to Dell.

- - - Updated - - -

powerhoney - Thanks for the wish and suggestion ... Done adding pics as attachment :)

ASUS has 8GB extra RAm which costs about 5.5-6k. A 64 GB SSD costs as low as 3.5k. mSATA SSD costs 4.5k. So yeah ASUS is still superior.

Alienware has the tendency to overprice its laptops. This is because of the brand name. ASUS ROG has very good build quality too. Both laptops have superb cooling mechanisms.
Try putting the links in IMG tags.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright people, only post if you are interested in buying.

The price written on the first post doesn't mean that the seller will only sell at that price. Negotiations happen via private messages.

Repeating, post only if you are interested.

ritvij

rated R
interesting, spotted an alienware 17 with 860M for 1.3L via dell with a year of warranty!
can i get a warranty on this thing if i ask dell? if yes, i am definitely interested.

Top Bottom