Algorithm for Chemical Equation Balancer [C++]

Shane

Gamer
Hey guys.. I'm planning to make a c++ console program for my computer science project..
I've decided to make a chemical equation balancer .. but i have no idea on how to approach the problem :p
can anyone help me out on framing a simple algorithm for the above ?

@MODS: If you see this can you please move this to programming section . i made the topic here by accident :p thanks

Amithansda

Journeyman
Hey guys.. I'm planning to make a c++ console program for my computer science project..
I've decided to make a chemical equation balancer .. but i have no idea on how to approach the problem :p
can anyone help me out on framing a simple algorithm for the above ?

@MODS: If you see this can you please move this to programming section . i made the topic here by accident :p thanks

Well, this is an Interesting Project, Those equation really bothered me...No replies???Huh? :(

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
What kind of chem reactions ?
The basic ones (proton exchange,neutralization,etc)
or complex ones (redox reacns in which a compound gets oxidized as well as reduced)

For basic ones - try to induce an algorithm on the lines of POAC-- should work fine.

For complex - U ll have to start with POAC but after that we ll have to think upon it.

Last edited:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^ that's a good way to start

@op i am no Chemical Engineer but i can give you another aspect of how to approach

make a system from where data feed will be provided to your program .
So that your program can make out 'Cu' will be Copper 29 & for all known element. this is a tedious job

To discover the algorithm of anything, just do that job yourself and carefully make a rule out of every step you perform. Algorithms are nothing more than written instructions of the tasks that you already perform.

Top Bottom