'Al Gore for president', says Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is trying to convince Gore to run for US president

Google's Senior Advisor and former US Vice President Al Gore would win the presidency if he ran for election, says Apple CEO Steve Jobs.

"If he ran, there's no question in my mind that he would be elected," Jobs told Time Magazine. "But I think there's a question in his mind, perhaps because the pain of the last election runs a lot deeper than he lets most of us see."

The report explains the background Gore's strenuous campaigning to persuade people to address the growing threat of climate-change caused environmental collapse.

"We have dug ourselves into a 20-foot hole, and we need somebody who knows how to build a ladder. Al's the guy," Jobs also told Newsweek. "Like many others, I have tried my best to convince him. So far, no luck."

Gore is known to be the Silicon Valley favourite for running for president on the Democratic ticket. Other Democratic hopefuls, Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama don't seem to have captured the level of support among America's tech-industry elite.

Gore almost succeeded in becoming president in the past. In a contentious election in 2000 he won the popular vote but lost the election, ushering in the era of George Bush.

The man puts his money where his mouth is: profits from his film, An Inconvenient Truth to the Alliance for Climate Protection.

Despite popular support, Gore maintains he has no plans to run for president.

Source

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
He is also a member of the board of directors of Apple Inc.

He is also a gadget freak wasting more resource then he claims to save using his Enviromental theories

I found this on Engadget. Al Gore in his office :D

*img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2007/gore_life/20.jpg

The real truth why he needs three 30" Apple Cinema Displays which are knows to be quite enviroment un-friendly

*www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/964.gif

But then again, anything to remove the ***hole bush :mad:. Even I will vote this guy to remove Bush

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Al Gore is most definitely a better person, and a better human being for that matter, when compared to idiots like Dubya. And all the anti-Global Warming nutjobs are attacking him unnecessarily for his documentary. We shouldn't pay much heed to people who dismiss environmental pollution and global warming.

OP
nepcker

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
gx_saurav said:
The real truth why he needs three 30" Apple Cinema Displays which are knows to be quite enviroment un-friendly
Well, at least Apple Cinema Displays are more environment-friendly than similar CRT displays.
apple.com/displays/environment.html said:
With Apple technology, you don’t have to make a choice between the bottom line and the environment. When you upgrade to a flat-panel LCD display, you not only gain many functional benefits over standard CRT monitors, but you also help reduce the environmental impact of computing.
Check *www.apple.com/environment/
www.apple.com/displays/environment.html

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
how come Al Gore and Apple co-exist?????

Apple pcs are rated as the most power consuming pcs and Al Gore is Green-tech guy

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Vyasram said:
how come Al Gore and Apple co-exist?????

Apple pcs are rated as the most power consuming pcs and Al Gore is Green-tech guy
Yeah, which is why Al Gore is driving forward the initiative to make Apple greener. BTW, Apple is rated environment unfriendly by those Greenpeace retards because Apple does not allow them to see the manufacturing and assembling processes like other companies. So they assume that Apple is non-green and wants to hide it. But the reason, obviously, is that Apple has always been a secretive company which holds everything close to its vest. There is no chance Apple would ever allow the bunch of idiots at Greenpeace to survey their manufacturing process. Steve Jobs explained it quite well in his "A Greener Apple" column. I expect you've read that.

Also, companies like HP tell Greenpeace that they are planning to make a plan to go green and Greenpeace uses that statement to give them (and other companies) a higher rating. I am not trying to say Apple is very environment friendly or anything, but they are certainly much better than Greenpeace has painted them to be. :)

@nepcker, that is the sort of attitude I expect of someone like gx_saurav, certainly not you. You are initiating a flame war without any reason whatsoever. I do not think gx_saurav said something very wrong in his post except for one tiny point but one that should not elicit such a harsh response from you. :)

gx_saurav said:
He is also a gadget freak wasting more resource then he claims to save using his Enviromental theories
Earlier he used three CRTs. He is being environment friendly by switching to LCDs. :D
He is genuinely devoted to the cause of global warming and I do not think he needs to justify whatever he does to you.

OP
nepcker

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
aryayush said:
that is the sort of attitude I expect of someone like gx_saurav, certainly not you. You are initiating a flame war without any reason whatsoever. I do not think gx_saurav said something very wrong in his post except for one tiny point but one that should not elicit such a harsh response from you.
Post edited.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom