airtel nop behaving strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandit

In the zone
hello guyz...my friend has activated the airtel nop gprs service (rs 99 per month).now when He surfs by opera mini his balance gets reduced which should not happen as surfing and downloading is free once you pay rs 99 per month.. the balance however doesnt get reduced when he uses the default browser of his phone.... on quering Airtel they told that opera mini is not supported ... now what kind of excuse is that ??

guyz please help !!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know, Net-on-phone service was stopped about 8 months back.

OP
vandit

vandit

In the zone
no man...If it was stopped then how come there is no reduction of balance when he surfs from the default web browser ???

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
See, the Net-on-phone service which was Rs.99 per month for unlimited GPRs has been stopped.
Now there are only 2 things:
Airtel Live! - 15p/10kb or something like this
Mobile Office - Rs.500 per month for Unlimited EDGE.

no man...If it was stopped then how come there is no reduction of balance when he surfs from the default web browser ???

Browsing the Airtel Live website is free.

Last edited:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
In Karnataka NOP is merged with Airtel Online...
He's on monthly AO pack..
Pls mention your phone model. . It could so be that your phone has set airtel live as the default profile, and as you know its homepage is airtelworld which is the only free to browse site..whereas in opera mini you start in a different page and start loosing balance.

D

Deleted member 26636

I've been using airtel gprs on my nokia 6300 handset for more than 6 months now.the rate is rs15/day for unlimited use.you can browse any website & download any free content but for paid stuff say a mobile game of 50rs,the cost price will be deducted from your phone.i've never used the default browser,only opera mini. Rs15 is deducted after every 24hrs from your balance.you do not pay anything in advance. And AFAIK the 99rs/month plan is now obsolete.
Neway,i'm from mumbai.services might be different elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom