airtel internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogisworld

Broken In
I am interested in internet through gprs,connecting to a pc.Airtel offers this service.
one of my friends told me that they charge RS 15 per day on a prepaid mobiles.The charges are
only when you connect on a particular day irrespective of the amount of usage.
This is in goa i have no dea about rest of india.
Now my question is what type of mobile i need for using this service.i mean bluetooth,
data cable, etc.also suggest some mobile models of low price(min priced prefered).
i get full range for airtel at my place.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
well i used to do this way back in 2004. until 2006 when my phone was stolen. Well i used to get 25-30KBps transfer speed. i am sure its a lot less now. Dont waste time with it. Get actual BSNL/MTNL broadband to get 222KBps transfer speed........

Advantage of BSNL/MTNL
1>much cheaper
2>much faster
3>adsl router costs 1.2-1.5k, good phone with gprs costs 5k+

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
you can get any cell that can connect to a PC ( preferably Nokia), search the market and get whatever suits you. For connection, the guys from customer care will help you..:)

alanpaladka

Journeyman
I am interested in internet through gprs,connecting to a pc.Airtel offers this service.
one of my friends told me that they charge RS 15 per day on a prepaid mobiles.The charges are
only when you connect on a particular day irrespective of the amount of usage.
This is in goa i have no dea about rest of india.
Now my question is what type of mobile i need for using this service.i mean bluetooth,
data cable, etc.also suggest some mobile models of low price(min priced prefered).
i get full range for airtel at my place.
If Airtel offers EDGE in your area, then you can get good speed with EDGE enabled handset. Otherwise, use atleast Class 10 GPRS handsets.

paid

Journeyman
dude first experience the speed before investing in EDGE mobile for internet speed varies from 2KB to 25KBps. If possible go for broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom