Airtel Broadband disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Hello friends,
Am currently using Airtel BB and want to shift to MTNL, since MTNL speed is better, and cost is less.

I talked to airtel CC abt disconnection. I was shocked to hear that the modem, even though purchased, is the property of Bharti, and that I'd have to return modem+ the fone instrument. They also told me that the purchase plan meant "lumpsum payment for modem charges, INSTEAD of monthly rent"

Are these ppl rite? Pls guide

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Did you purchase the Router or is it Beetel Router provided by them? If it is the Beetel Router provided by them, you have to return it. Though you don't have to return the Phone Instrument I think...

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
"Beetel 220 BX modem" is what they gave me.. but i am sure i purchased it- i selected the buyout option, NOT the monthly rental

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Then you shouldn't return it. If you have the receipt or something like that, show it them. It should be enough.
Also while disconnection, make sure you ask an authorised person to sign that you want the disconnect it and that you have paid all the dues. The airtel CC all are bunch are idiots, who always ignore the consumers, fail to respond to their queries and worst of all they keep sending the bill even AFTER disconnection. So keep the documents ready...

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Cheating kar rahe hain ye log.. i sooo hate these cheaters

They charged me 60/- this month for some PC Secure crap.. they said they installed it on my line at their end. If they are that smart to tinker with my line at their end, can't I screw them using the IT Act??
When I told them that I dont need any security from their end, the CC person very sweetly gave me a request no. - to reimburse 60 bucks in the next bill

And I'm very confident, the next bill wud still show dues for Rs.60/-

red_devil

Back!
^ hmm... and for once I'm hearing Airtel being called cheat !!

so used to hearing all that mindless BSNL bashing that this somehow sounds great :D

and @enticer86, mate forget your 60 bucks... and start praying that they dont charge for some strange stuff even after your disconnection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom