Airtel Boardband Connection been interrupted Again & Again.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hello Guy's

I have a 512 kbs broadband plan from airtel. but am facing a very serious issue related to the connection. The broadband connection get interrupted again & again. I have call airtel many many time but they only send lineman who checks the line & tell's that the connection is working fine. To make my case stronger i need to know how can i check for interrupted connection in b/w two intervals i mean how many time the connection have broke in b/w 20/may/2013 to 23/may/2013. i know there is a way to see that b/c i have seen network engineers do that. Please help me out. every advice is valuable

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all go to your modem settings page(192.168.1.1 in browser & use admin as username & password).in device info/status page check that both snr values are above 15 & both attn values are below 50.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Thanks for your reply Whitestar_999

My modem is Beetel 220BX1 . I was unable to find the setting you mentioned ...... To help with am uploading a snap
Capture.JPG

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
hmm.. its generally in Summary page.. you may other locations and just look for SNR margin and Attenuation . Just to add here, you hardly get any SNR / attenuation issue in Airtel as they have good lines, but still verify it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
those statistics are for LAN.check statistics for every entry & see if you can find snr & attn values.also check summary page too.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Here i think i have found it .......

Capture 5.JPG

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 21.0 8.0
Attenuation (dB): 18.0 16.0

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just as i thought.your upstream snr is very low.it should be 15 or above.maybe some connection is loose.try disconnecting & reconnecting phone line into splitter(this time with a little bit more force than usual) & between splitter & modem.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I am facing a similar disconnection problem; here's a screen of my modem:

Modem.jpg

The attenuation is not below 50. What should I do?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i missed your reply somehow.anyway your modem is showing values in a different scale(0.1dBm) which i have not seen before but according to my guess your values are alright assuming your connection is working normally.

Top Bottom