Airtel blocks free GPRS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yeah it's true n sad though :( I surf both WAP n WEB sites on Opera in my N70...But frm last 3-4 days it displays an error message n i'm not able to open any site :evil: Then i contact my tech-geeky frnd n he told me abt this.I wonder abt those free net days :D Hope Airtel again gona start providing this :cool:
Anyway...Is someone know any other trick for FREE GPRS on Airtel :?:

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Ya dude. Same case in Kolkata. The problem is they are now assigning IP addresses to every user. They are dynamic. So they change every time you connect and they are blocking it. Simple and Cruel. Till now no solution. Work in progress. Partial success found using Linux.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
It is bound to happen. It was only the time factor when they realise it. From past one month, Airtel is on a big GPRS drive disconnecting illegal connections. So Airtel GPRS is effected all over India.

Pathik

Google Bot
dont worry... go MO...
the 2 apn trick had been blocked b4 too.. but all of a sudden it started working... its jus luck...
btw MO isnt too costly... y dont u try it??/

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I'm frm Punjab n here Airtel charge Rs.400/month for MO.It's expensive if v compared it to Reliance or Hutch MO plans :!: Also Airtel's MO suxs in comparitive of speed n reliability :mad:

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hey Riddick why dont you stick to some broadband plan. It will be more benificial and fast too.
I know there's BSNL 250 plan which will cost you 250pm and 400 MB free downloading uploading.
there's 500 plan too \which wil cost you 500pm and 1Gp of free downloading uploading. And if you are nite crawler you can also surf or download frm nite 2:00 to morning 8:00(this time is absolutely free yaar).

But if you are a mobile person then these above recommendation ill not be useful

magnet

Youngling
PPl who get MO there is 1 suggestion if in future u dont want it and want to unsuscribe...first used it till balance falls below 50 than do a small recharge and wait atlest 15-20 days whether any sum is deducted or not on it own......

I unsuscribe to MO when my balance was ard 330...i called the cc......and it took 19 mins for the guy to say ya u r now unsubscribed to MO...than after 10 days suddenly 70 buks deducted frm my balance..without a single call made(i use lifetime prepaidcard)...
I called airtel cc and now the cc is down when trying 4 tech assistant it says not a valid number and cut....

I had to made a personal visit to there office..where pathetic support being provided...for every guy they used tocheck comp for ard 10 mins..wasted ard 1 hour there...and than guy says okk i have forwarded your request to unsubscribe..and the prob of not been able to call cc.....i say....wht..i gave request 10 days bak and u sayin u forwarding now......he says it will b done...i knew this idiots wont do anyhelp to me......they said ull get an sms or u call cc after 6 hours....
next day ard 12 hours later i call cc and ask my status she says u visited gallery and said u faced prob with cc...and i ask what abt MO...she says wht u r a subscriber.......i blasted her sayin if u ppl dont unsusbcribe me...ill have to goto consumer court...she says wait a minute and then sir u r unsubscribed now....

So in short never have a friendly relation with them all are big time chors...i wasted ard 105 buks for this foolishness.......

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
It's really very harrashing moment :evil: But Airtel barred ur cc no. if u speak rude with them...Mine is 5 months till i'm barred :cool: n now unable to use free GPRS though :eek:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@reddick

Airtel cannot bar u frm talking to their CC. Atmost dey can cancel ur connection totally but not bar u. Thr must b some odr prb.

dabster

In the zone
But they actually do bar sometimes, It happened with one my frnds ..., It might be illegal to do according to TRAI rules, but they still do it...

magnet

Youngling
if they bares your number best thing is ctct tv guys and than sue them....the provider has to provide facility and if they doesnt provide than only u lose your tempo.....than only u talk hard.......if they taking your basic right...than whts there to continue guys..........belive me sue them ull earn in 5 figures plus free publicity on tv....i m speaking seriously......

btw i dont know whether my number was ban or wht he told ppl facing same prob in our area...and BS.....but beleive in terms of cc hutch has the best support along with good lookin ladies ard...lol

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yeah...But Airtel's cc suxs as in my n ur case.The biggest trouble is that i can't even switch to other mobile operator as I'm with Airtel frm last 4 yrs. n now how can i change my no. :rolleyes: n tell everybody abt the new conn.
Today i call them again frm landline n ask abt this problem.The lady is newbie to cc department n asks me to hold every 2 mins. :neutral: Guys it's so boared n painfull experience with her :!:

magnet

Youngling
reddick u might not b knowing......but earlier i had an orange(now hutch) mobile..i was ready to giv out that connection...but they were likenot on phone come at our office.....

And int heir machine they kept records and asked me u wanted to change to prepaid......which was 3 months before i asked for...but they said ullhave to get new card and all.....i said ya but now i got a job in tata and so want to leave orange..as company giving m a free phone(obviously i wa lying).....

After some more true lie session..the cc of orange said....u can keep same numbers even ifu transfer tata..i asked how he said they have pact with all airtel too

so i guess u need to ask a good cc about it........but i do guess it exists...or else mail airtel frm there site......they give a decent reply there

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
One more thing,I'm frm Punjab n my dad has SPICE conn. they charge Rs.100/month for WAP browsing n Rs.600/month for PC internet...So i wana ask if anybody know trick which make me to surf internet on PC at Rs.100 plan ;) As they charge more than Airtel :confused:

Last edited:

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Hey , i may be wrong as i don't surf tht often these days using Airtel Live. But i still viewed my mails and downloaded a nice wallpaper yesterday only.I am also using N70 with Opera . I am frm MAh circle (Nagpur).

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Okay if it's true than tell me how did you gt connected n at which time :) May b their some hole in Airtel's securty network :twisted: n v should make advantage of it ;) I wish v would get those golden days again :!:

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
One more thing,I'm frm Punjab n my dad has SPICE conn. they charge Rs.100/month for WAP browsing n Rs.600/month for PC internet...So i wana ask if anybody know trick which make me to surf internet on PC at Rs.100 plan ;) As they charge more than Airtel :confused:
I think it is possible as v surf Free Airtel GPRS via this method only :rolleyes: Anyone got any good idea :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom