advice to buy a laptop around 20K

graph

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
around 20K inr

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
preferable 15 - 16 else may be 14 also

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: any . (the only thing is better performance, without problems. a bit heavyduty)
b. Dislike: netbook as they are small and heat more, cannot multitask performing long hours and processor speed less.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
It should be multitask, while running on Internet open many tabs which having flash graphs, java streaming etc; along with other programs running on desktop those are with streaming data continuously downloading and making graphs speedily . It should not hang in between & Not creating any problems, should go smoothly for long hours continuously. which specifications are better for this and which brand. also Longer battery backup.
5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1366 X 768 resolution, eye-healthy anti glare if there better
6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
windows 7 (xp)or No OS dos etc to fill manually also ok, should have internal graphic feature. Need possible hands-on Longer battery backup like 5 hrs continuous working without any interruption. Better in terms of processor, speed , RAM , in all terms. may be I am expecting more, Let us see which one is more suitable & deliver more.

please give your advice.

n3rd

In the zone
You want all that around 20K? Daflip did I just read? :razz:

29K - 6hr battery- i3 - 2GB DD3 ram. Lots of flash needs decent GPU, which you won't get for that price (you won't get any decent first hand lappy for 20K actually)
Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

RON28

Cyborg Agent
If you want rough and tough laptop then this one,

if you want more battery back up then this is ideal,

If you want looks, then this isn't bad either

locally you can get these laptops for 20K

n3rd

In the zone
If you want rough and tough laptop then this one,

if you want more battery back up then this is ideal,

If you want looks, then this isn't bad either

locally you can get these laptops for 20K

Pentium DC and heavy multitasking? Forget it. He aint gonna get anywhere near decent performance if he requires such heavy multitasking without at least i3 IMHO.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
no, dual core is also enough for his task, i have dual core laptop which is 4 years old with DDR2 memory and today also i can open upto 10 tabs in chrome without any lag.

check this link, it performs same as A4 and if OP has 20K budget then Pentium DC is way to go.

n3rd

In the zone
He's talking about opening lots of flash and java simultaneously with other programs. That's not just opening 10 tabs, that's quite heavy multitasking - and on top of that he needs no lag. I didn't advice him to take an A4 anyways, the model I suggested although above his way better in terms of performance.

OP
G

graph

Right off the assembly line
no, dual core is also enough for his task, i have dual core laptop which is 4 years old with DDR2 memory and today also i can open upto 10 tabs in chrome without any lag.

check this link, it performs same as A4 and if OP has 20K budget then Pentium DC is way to go.

Thanks for your comment.
want to know does the processor Mobile Intel HM70 Express is it ok.
which one is equivalent to Intel dual core/i3 in the AMD. which is preferable for a bit hardwork upon processor.

does A4 run fast and effectively without any hang or other problems.

n3rd

In the zone
Thanks for your comment.
want to know does the processor Mobile Intel HM70 Express is it ok.
which one is equivalent to Intel dual core/i3 in the AMD. which is preferable for a bit hardwork upon processor.

does A4 run fast and effectively without any hang or other problems.
Intel HM70 is a chipset not a processor. Dude if you have to multitask heavily, let alone without lag, you HAVE to get 2nd gen i3 or better.
AMD A8-4500M APU Quad core is better than i3, but by not that big a margin. Your budget is WAY too low for your requirements. Or else get a used Lappy.

Top Bottom