Advice on buying laptop.

jaikanth

Right off the assembly line
I am a Civil Engineering student and want to buy a laptop for study purposes. My budget is around Rs.35000-40000. I will be using the Laptop for AutoCAD,typing notes,watching lecture videos,listening to music and occasional gaming. Screen size should be either 14" or 15" and the keyboard should be comfortable to type on. Battery life should be a minimum of 3 hrs of basic usage. Please suggest a good laptop for me that will be future proof for at-least 3-4 yrs. I would prefer brands like Dell,Sony,Lenovo or Asus.

Also,is a graphics card compulsory for AutoCAD,and will I be able to run it on i3/i5 without one. Similarly for games on low res.

P.s: One bad thing about the Dell Inspirons I have observed is that they are fingerprint magnets because the lid is extremely glossy. So,I would prefer a laptop which isn't like that.

Thanks in advance!:)

Empirial

Youngling
Hi,

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN *www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb24en is a pretty good option available for you.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
lot of discussion has already been made in these topics. do check them out in leisure:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126709
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127964

OP
J

jaikanth

Right off the assembly line
I've checked out the threads. They were nice,but replies more specific to my requirements will be appreciated.

Also,how good are Asus laptops and are they available in India? How is the service? And is there an Asus Lappy at this price point?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

y the double post..??? :confused: i already answered a similar type of query asked by u here ----> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128241

plz use a single thread for all ur identical type of querries and confusions.. please.. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Top Bottom