Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television use

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Re: Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television us

Hi friends

I am using Panasonic 42X20D Plasma TV. For the last 10 days my TV used to shut down automatically and then the red light blinked for 6 times in a row. We normally power off the TV for few minutes and it came back.

Now since last few days, the picture of the TV has become very bad and it is showing something like this given in youtube video:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7znmARyz16k

I called the engineer from local shop and he is saying that the power board and Y board needs replacement and will cost me nearly 7000.

1. So please suggest if I should get it replaced or buy a new TV (32 or 40 inch) and if new TV, please suggest one in the budget of 20000/-

2. Can we use a Monitor which has speakers as TV. if yes, which way ?

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television us

Hi friends

I am using Panasonic 42X20D Plasma TV. For the last 10 days my TV used to shut down automatically and then the red light blinked for 6 times in a row. We normally power off the TV for few minutes and it came back.

Now since last few days, the picture of the TV has become very bad and it is showing something like this given in youtube video:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7znmARyz16k

I called the engineer from local shop and he is saying that the power board and Y board needs replacement and will cost me nearly 7000.

1. So please suggest if I should get it replaced or buy a new TV (32 or 40 inch) and if new TV, please suggest one in the budget of 20000/-

2. Can we use a Monitor which has speakers as TV. if yes, which way ?

Get a new 32" philips tv.Will be within your budget.
Buy Philips 32PFL5039/V7 81 cm (32) HD Ready LED Television Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal

rohitshakti2

In the zone

How about this one:

Buy Arise TV-AG-INSPIRIO-40 101 Cm (40) Full HD LED Television Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Better invest in vu or micromax in extreme case & get extended warranty. My preference for vu as have checked it in detailed.

Can expect vu in offers around Christmas or new year

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Better if you extend the budget to 30k & get philips 40 inchers from local dealer after hard bargain. You may get at least 3 yrs warranty or may be 5 yrs if the offer is extended till new year. May not be brighter with eye popping colours but it produces true & natural colours

rohitshakti2

In the zone

Better if you extend the budget to 30k & get philips 40 inchers from local dealer after hard bargain. You may get at least 3 yrs warranty or may be 5 yrs if the offer is extended till new year. May not be brighter with eye popping colours but it produces true & natural colours

So all in all you all recommend buying a new TV instead of getting the above panasonic TV repaired.

If so, can it be sold out anywhere, if yes, how & where in Delhi ?

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

So all in all you all recommend buying a new TV instead of getting the above panasonic TV repaired.

If so, can it be sold out anywhere, if yes, how & where in Delhi ?

Have you taken quote from company service centre?? Can service person give assurance that the tv may serve you for another 2 yrs or so.
Try that first if they are giving any warranty for repairs & then take your call.

You can invest in 32 inch which [MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] bro suggested if not viewing much of movies & personal content.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

Get a new 32" philips tv.Will be within your budget.
Buy Philips 32PFL5039/V7 81 cm (32) HD Ready LED Television Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal

You became philips Rep? ? suggesting everyone philips TV :p JK

rohitshakti2

In the zone

Please give your views on these TVs

Philips 40PFL5059 102 cm (40.2) LED TV vs BPL 41PEMVF1 102 cm (40) LED TV vs Videocon VJU40FH 98 cm (40) LED TV vs Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV: Compare Televisions: Flipkart.com

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

No idea about BPL as its exclusive to flipkart. Had good exp with BPL CRT tv ;) long back.

Philips 40PFL5059 has very good reviews from all sites & its Direct LED tv bit bulging at rear with better brightness. In fact I was going for that TV only but could not find it as almost all stock were cleared. So I settled for 40PFL4650 Edge led & quite happy with it as its latest 2015 model with good format support & 2 USB's & Headphone out.

While researching I found few Videocon Tv models appealing too. Both Philips & Videocon if bought offline offer 3 or 5 yrs warranty as per offer.
Philips are assembled/ manufactured by P.E. electronics in Aurangabad, Maharashtra which is a part of Videocon Group.

VU are decent buy but I did not like their colour reproduction. In big billion sale VU 40D6575 was around 18k so that's worth under 20k.

My advice would be you better visit any local store first & get demo of Philips, Videocon & Vu. You can get clear idea & good offers too as its year end.

Mention your location it might help to point out local dealers.

Minion

Conversation Architect

You became philips Rep? ? suggesting everyone philips TV :p JK

Nope I don't want anyone to spend too much on Tvs. No matter for how much you buy a tv from Sony,Samsung,LG be it 50k or 3l these stupid companies are giving you only 1 yr warranty.if something happens after one year they will charge you too much for repair That is the reason I don't suggest expensive tvs and they are simply not worth it.
Among branded tvs Philips are of very good quality and they are cheap too. final choice is yours.

mitraark

Decrepit

Sorry that I couldn't complete as accidentally pressed send button while traveling back home.

Finally booked Philips 40 PFL4650 @30k without any exchange & got 5 years comprehensive brand warranty from *www.kohinoortv.com/ Malad store.

LED TV 40PFL4650/V7 | Philips

Since you've recently purchased a Philips TV i think this might be the right place to ask...

I have a Samsung 40H5100, it's in my living room, used as a monitor by me sparingly, main use is watching TV serials; SD Channels, Star Jlsha and Zee Bangla if you're familiar.

I will be moving out, so I thought of buying a small HD Ready 768p 32" for TV watching and keep the Samsung 40" for myself.

Or I was thinking of getting a larger TV, preferably 50" if it's decently priced.

The Philips 55PFL5059 55" LED TV is available for Rs 59000 on Snapdeal. 55" is really large, and the price is absurdly low. I don't trust brands like Micromax and Videocon and Vu at all ( experienced cheap TVs of these brands in hostels, horrible quality, will never buy for myself )

But Philips seems to have decent user reviews online. I need a simple Non Smart Non 3D TV for monitor use and multiplayer gaming and watching Music videos, 55" is going to be awesome.

Is Philips picture quality good enough ? Brightness and color reproduction satisfactory ? Any issues such as noise or color aberrations ? Any problems with installation ? Build Quality ?

Will buy at the beginning of next year.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

I doubt it for gaming but it suffices my family's need for tv viewing Tatasky hd box. Its just 60 hertz t.v.
If I remember correctly hd channels like ngc, discovery , fox life looked excellent to me when I last watched tv (not much of led tv experience)

Tv viewing from extreme angles for my Philips edge lit led model 40 pfl4650 not better. So take that into consideration. It fades out more for sd channels.

Philips 2015 series tv plays most of the video formats. Cannot play dts audio & flac audio.

For movies cannot comment much as just got to see only 1 movie since purchase i.e. Jurassic world. It was full hd blu ray rip of 8gb in size so if the source is good then no worries I guess.

You are used to eye popping colours of samsung so I would say better keep samsung for self use & for sd channels get philips 32pfl 5039 hd ready model or some new releases from philips which will barely cost you 22k max.

If getting Philips head on to local stores which offer good bargains as you may get minimum 3 yrs or even 5 yrs warranty. For online buyer philips offer only 1 yr warranty unless any offer is going on.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

If wanna get biggies from philips then better wait as from this year they have brought back higher series led models like the ambilight 8000 series or 4k tvs from 7000 series.
In short higher series are better & current 5000 series selling online are all older models. See philips site for all models.

Let you eyes judge it so get demo first.
Finally I can say from my exp. philips has better upscaling compared to panasonic & even LG for some midrange models

mitraark

Decrepit

Thanks for the detailed reply. I guess it'd be wiser to go for a cheap 32" Philips TV for home, and keep the Samsung for myself.

Still, 55" would have been awesome ! Will be on the lookout for Cheap 48" of LG or Samsung during new year time.

Last edited:
OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

when visiting stores get the files given in the following video. It may help.

andy_65_in

Padawan

My samsung 32 full hd model conked off exactly 1 yr after buying where i had forgoteen to xtend warantee.had to fight with them to get another replacement which they gave free but refused to give any warantee.this one also conked off WITHIN one yr.now they want 17500 INR and are ready to replace the tv with 1 yr warantee.am fed up with them.thinking of buying some other 32 led model preferablt Phillips as i see in reviews in this thread unless someone has other suggestions.for me its bye bye samsung now forever.shud i buy a phillips

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

^Exactly! That is what i am trying to convey people here.

Top Bottom