1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

Advice needed on purchasing PS4 Pro from Qatar.

Discussion in 'Consoles' started by giprabu, Dec 6, 2018.

1. giprabu

giprabu Member

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a PS4 Pro from Qatar through one of my relative. It costs around 31k there.

Is it a good deal ?

I'm used to play games in PC. But no price reduction in gfx cards (GTX 1060 6GB still costs around 24-25k) pushes me to go for the console.

Also, I have a 43" Full HD Vu TV. I would like to get the feel of playing Far Cry 4, Battlefield etc on it.

I read in one of the post that "Blu-ray and DLC are region blocked in PS4". Can someone please explain me what this means.?

Thanks !

2. Gollum

Gollum Collector

You can get the console from there but there may not be any warranty for it in India.
    Also, PS4 and PS3 games are not region locked.
    Any game from any region works on any PS4 slim or Pro.
    You will find it a bit difficult to play FPS games on controller. Once you get the hang of it, you will feel it better to play on a Bigger TV .

3. OP
    OP
    giprabu

giprabu Member

Will I be able to utilize the Blu-ray player, i.e., playing locally purchased blu-ray discs on it ?

Is warranty the ONLY thing i will be missing out if I buy from outside India ?

4. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Active Member

Movie Blu Ray playback are region locked. Many movies come in region free, but do keep it in mind. I bought mine from Dubai and it was Region 2.

5. Vineet Sharma

Vineet Sharma Active Member

You can't play Blu-ray movie discs on any variant of PS4. If you really want this functionality, you'll have to go for xbox one x. If you don't mind missing PS4 exclusives, go for xbox one x. It is a much better machine.
    But then again, the exclusives of PS4 are some of the best single player games ever made, so hard to miss.

6. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Active Member

Incorrect. PS4 can play Blu-ray movies. PS4 can't play 4k Blu ray movies.

7. Vineet Sharma

Vineet Sharma Active Member

Thank you for the correction. I had the idea that it doesn't play blu-ray at all.