Advice about Moto G 3rd gen

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
1. Budget? 15k max
2. Display type and size? 5 inch with good color rendering
3. Dual sim? Not necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? One with good after sales service pref. having service center in Mangalore (Karnataka)
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? flash would be welcome
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). android/windows
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4g
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? music, camera. no high-end games.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? moto g 3rd gen
10. Any other info that you want to share

Want to know about Moto G 3rd gen selling for 13k on flipkart especially below features:
Camera
Music
Build Quality

Last edited:

the.one

In the zone
Moto g 3rd gen seems good. The 1.4ghz clocked SD410 should be good enough for trivial tasks. Also the 2 gig ram should help.
Cam is upgraded from prev gen.

ashs1

Padawan
i read this quote somewhere & found it to be somewhat true.. : "looks like moto is becoming the samsung of budget phones".
Moto G is definitely overpriced..20 months back SD410 at 12k would've been great; but now its meh.. :/
waterproofing is a great addition though.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Moto G 3rd gen specification is meh.I would suggest xiaomi mi4i 32GB version or mi4.

Specs aren't the only thing one buys a phone for. Overall I'd say it's a good buy at around the 13k price range with it's new features like the Moto Display & waterproofing. I don't think one will have any slowness in performance with any day to day task or even playing most games.

Xiaomi Mi4i is any day better than Moto G 3rd gen

But Moto G 3rd gen ain't bad..... Its good actually & just sufficient for most people(2GB RAM one). Waterproofing & stereo speakers are its USP + it's Motorola. In no way can any Chinese or Indian brands make its reputation as high as motorola (I know technically motorola is Chinese now)

2GB RAM Moto G 3rd gen is worth your money for 13k

- - - Updated - - -

Specs aren't the only thing one buys a phone for. Overall I'd say it's a good buy at around the 13k price range with it's new features like the Moto Display & waterproofing. I don't think one will have any slowness in performance with any day to day task or even playing most games.

I totally agree.... Most people who know a bit more than general public just go for best possible specs, but specs ain't everything

I personally got a Z3C recently as I wanted a compact phone. I would have opted for Mi4i, if it had launched 32GB version earlier, as S615 is enough for my gaming needs. Also except for camera, build & display, no flagship phone is worth its money....
Even a S410 can run daily tasks smoothly with a 2GB RAM (4GB RAM is definitely useless, might be useful after 2 years). I have been using a 2GB RAM phone for more than 2 years now. I never felt like I need more RAM in my phone. In fact I would have never upgraded to Z3C if Nexus 4 had atleast average battery life

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Here's a review you guys should check out: Moto G 3rd Gen Review: Experience Trumps Specifications | NDTV Gadgets

mitraark

Decrepit
I have been using a Yureka since March and I also have a Lenovo K3 Note in my house, I'd only like to say that don't go by specs alone.

Both the Yureka and K3 Note has, albeit minor, still , issues like freezing, a bit of heating, some times lagging for no reason .....

OP
V

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
Here's a review you guys should check out: Moto G 3rd Gen Review: Experience Trumps Specifications | NDTV Gadgets

I too came across this review when i was looking up this phone and noticed that Display and Camera are rated as 7 - a notch or two below other parameters. Not that i am a fan of this rating game but is the Camera in moto g3 really bad, as in for low light usage? How does camera perform in reality compared to other phones at this or lower price? I expect to use camera a lot.

How is the camera in Lenovo K3 Note for 10k?

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

Still there is huge difference in performance between SD615 and SD410.SD410 is a budget Chipset it can't be compared with mid range SD 615 chipset.

Thing is if you are not satisfied with software you can always flash custom ROMs but what if you are not satisfied with hardware performance that is why it is advisable to get a phone with better chipset.

- - - Updated - - -

I too came across this review when i was looking up this phone and noticed that Display and Camera are rated as 7 - a notch or two below other parameters. Not that i am a fan of this rating game but is the Camera in moto g3 really bad, as in for low light usage? How does camera perform in reality compared to other phones at this or lower price? I expect to use camera a lot.

How is the camera in Lenovo K3 Note for 10k?

If you need best Camera and Display Then no one can beat mi4i.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If you need best Camera and Display Then no one can beat mi4i.

^^Agreed
For an android , Mi4i has the best display and camera for the price

But in this range, nothing beats the camera,battery and display of Lumia 730 imho
that being said,Mi4i is no slouch by any means
for low light the Lumia 730 is the king

Also K3 note is a joke
Lenovo has an extremely poor rom,camera and update system
also it houses a mediatek cpu, not worth it at all

- - - Updated - - -

off topic - Im also from Mangalore(2nd home and my hometown), trust me after sales is a joke here unless you have an Apple or Nokia/Microsoft or even Asus and Moto
Get something from these 4 brands always imho, all other brands have 0 After sales

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Look at SAMSUNG J5 & J7.
If not, moto G 3rd edition is a solid buy as well in terms of durability and waterproof specs.
In Windows look at the lumias.

Please no xiomi and micromax ****. They are Chinese low end brands. I don't want to use the word brand for those mobiles. But, it does satisfy some college going peeps ego.;) Lol!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Avoid samsung too imho
touchwiz is too bloated and those phones are pricey for the specs
I quite agree about the other points however

the.one

In the zone
Samsung j5 and j7 have the retro Samsung design from the s3 era. That is a major turn off at least for me. Haven't seen them closely but they should have got the newer Samsung design and software.

+1 to moto g3 and lumia 640xl.

Though mi4i seems a good option too if after sales is not much of concern.

Top Bottom