advance system optemizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfahan

Broken In
I USED ADVANCE SYSTEM OPTEMIZER DEMO AND IT F***ED MY COMPUTER.
THANKS TO SYSTEM RESTORE I GOT ALL THING BACK.(I USED REG FIX FROM THE SOFTEWARE).
NOW I DONT GET 'SEND TO' ON RIGHT CLICK.
AND ALSO ON THE FOLDER ...\SEND TO THERE IS NO FLOPPY DISK ICON.
HELP.

swatkat

Technomancer
Which OS you are using?
If it's Win98, go to Windows and create a Folder named SendTo.
If it's WinXP, then go to DriveName:\Documents And Settings\UserName\ and here create a Folder named SendTo.
Above, DriveName is where XP is installed and UserName is your user name.

And, go into the SendTo folder, and then put the ShortCuts of the applications and drives, here in this Folder, that you want in SendTo in the Right-Click menu.
And, if you have the SendTo folder but not shortcut icons inside it, then simply add Shortcuts.

K

khattam_

the solution by swatkat is not gonna help............... Read below

K

khattam_

swatkat said:
Which OS you are using?
If it's Win98, go to Windows and create a Folder named SendTo.
If it's WinXP, then go to DriveName:\Documents And Settings\UserName\ and here create a Folder named SendTo.
Above, DriveName is where XP is installed and UserName is your user name.

And, go into the SendTo folder, and then put the ShortCuts of the applications and drives, here in this Folder, that you want in SendTo in the Right-Click menu.
And, if you have the SendTo folder but not shortcut icons inside it, then simply add Shortcuts.
THIS WON'T HELP!!
I'm sure the SENDTO folder is intact with all the shortcut files in it.............................
Problem is with the Registry. Gone thru this B4 but i needed to Repair XP to get it back...............

@ashfahan
And by the way, the program is called "Advanced System Optimizer". And which version are you using?? I'm using the app for more than a YEAR and who knows better.............

However, i don't have a solution for u now other than repairing XP. I will fing\d a sloution for you or just help you to repair XP.............. But Laterz...... Wait for a few days............

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Advanced System Optimizer should be used carefully and by the people wo know what they are doing...
I think it corrupted your registry...

But to remove the send to .. Just searc the registry for the string your are searching and delete te key wich contains it...
AGAIN BEFORE REGISTRY EDITING, CREAT A BACKUP OF IT!!

K

khattam_

NikhilVerma said:
Advanced System Optimizer should be used carefully and by the people wo know what they are doing...
I think it corrupted your registry...

But to remove the send to .. Just searc the registry for the string your are searching and delete te key wich contains it...
AGAIN BEFORE REGISTRY EDITING, CREAT A BACKUP OF IT!!
I dont think he wants to remove SendTo but wants to bring it back...........

LayZ

Broken In
Well I thought Advanced System Optimizer was a great program!I certainly have no complaints against it!

anandk

Distinguished Member
try correcting with tune-up utilities !

aso is great, but yeah, it can screw :twisted: up the systme if not used carefully. try correcting your problems like missing icons or links, etc with tune-up utilities. next time use ace utilities. its SAFE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom