Adobe abandons iPhone code tools (thanks to Apple)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Apple responded in a statement to technology news site CNet in which it described Flash as "closed and proprietary".

This a classical case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Read On...
*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8639240.stm

rkneo11

Broken In
I hope ADOBE wakes up and stops developing all their products like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and première for MAC OS...
Apple'll loose a lot of their professional consumers then and wake up...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I was never a supporter of Apple's assertions and claims. But when they say Flash is bad for mobile device, I whole heartedly agree with them. I've seen and personally experienced all the "Flash-lite" and Android 2.2 with Flash support (on Nexus One and even the fastest Android phone!). Believe me, Flash is as crappy as it gets on the mobile device. It still has miles to go in the embedded world. I would really want Adobe to work with the GPU companies to come with a better version of Flash optimized for the embedded platform.

I hope ADOBE wakes up and stops developing all their products like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and première for MAC OS...
Apple'll loose a lot of their professional consumers then and wake up...
Adobe's >50% revenues are because of it's products for the Mac platform. If Adobe stops that, it will die!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
So that means that Adobe is greatly outselling Apple's own Final Cut Studio, Aperture etc etc with the CS5 suite.. wow.. that is impressive.. suppose a person has a Mac & PC, will he require separate license for both platforms or will one license of CS5 will do?

Also, I suppose the projects that are made on Windows' version of CS5 should work on Mac's CS5 without any problem..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
So that means that Adobe is greatly outselling Apple's own Final Cut Studio, Aperture etc etc with the CS5 suite.. wow.. that is impressive.. suppose a person has a Mac & PC, will he require separate license for both platforms or will one license of CS5 will do?

Also, I suppose the projects that are made on Windows' version of CS5 should work on Mac's CS5 without any problem..
I believe that's true. Adobe gets huge revenue from it's Mac products. No wonder Apple is so confident that Adobe will not stop developing them.

And about the license, it has always been so that you require separate licenses for different platforms; that's because you cannot install the Mac version on PC and vice-versa.

Regarding the projects, I believe they are largely portable. Just a guess as I don't use Adobe products at all.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
You know.. when you price a suite above $1000 you need to ship two DVDs, one PC edition & one Mac edition for a single license.. just like Windows 64-bit & 32-bit.. but still.. its upto Adobe to decide that..

Same here, no Adobe product in my computer.. just Flash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom