Administrator Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanthgss

Broken In
I am getting an error message "Administrator has restricted the use of drives" whenever I try to select the CD,DVD or the floppy drive.They were working fine until yesterday night but today morning they were not working.What do I do?

My account is set as the administrator and I havent changed any settings as far as I know.

ajay_sparklingboy@yahoo.c

Right off the assembly line
Go to Control panel --> Administrative tools ---> Local security policy --> Local policies --> Security options --> In that verify restrict cd rom access and floppy access are disabled.

OP
srikanthgss

srikanthgss

Broken In
I have tried using other accounts but the problem persists.

I have checked in the Administrative Tools and the "restrict cd rom access and floppy access are disabled".

Third Eye

gooby pls
srikanthgss said:
I have tried using other accounts but the problem persists.

I have checked in the Administrative Tools and the "restrict cd rom access and floppy access are disabled".

Repair the windows may solve this problem !

OP
srikanthgss

srikanthgss

Broken In
Thanks for all the help but I have finally figured out the problem.

It was caused by "Intel Desktop Utilities" and uninstalling this program has helped me.The program refused to uninstall saying that there were multiple users logged on when I was the only one.I closed a few programs from the Windows Task Manager and voila ! the program was removed and my problem solved. :)

Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom