Actor Robin Williams passes away

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is unbelievable.

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide

Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.

He was 63.

The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation, authorities said. According to his publicist, Williams had been battling severe depression and spent time in rehab as recently as July.

Police said that Williams was found unconscious around noon in his home in Tiburon, California, near San Francisco.

Williams was best known for his starring roles in classic comedies like "Mrs. Doubtfire," "Good Morning, Vietnam" and "Jumanji," but also in acclaimed dramas such as "Dead Poets Society." He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dr. Sean Maguire in "Good Will Hunting." He rose to fame while playing Mork the alien in the TV show "Mork & Mindy," a "Happy Days" spinoff.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This came to me a big shock, when I read it in morning. I am still trying to understand how can it be a suicide, if it was caused by a disease.

Robin Williams was among finest actors. Bicentennial Man from the man is a masterpiece in my eyes. I am very sad by this unexpected death.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I find it ironic that one of the most comic actors out there commits suicide due to depression.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of reminds me of that Pagliacci the clown joke that Rorschach says in Watchmen.

“Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

Flash

Lost in speed
I really feel sad for him.
I watched his first movie in HBO (Patch adams i guess), when i was a kid and was impressed with his acting and comedy.

He's truely a marvel amidst other comedians.
RIP his soul.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it ironic that one of the most comic actors out there commits suicide due to depression.
Alcoholism doesn't know good or bad. :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Really sad indeed. Saw him in two movies only, Good Will Hunting and some other. At least by the looks of him he seemed liked a very controlled person, who lives a rather mannered life, guess I was wrong. However no one knows in what situation he was in which led him to commit suicide, well time will tell, that won't matter though.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
R.I.P., Mr. Robin Williams

A great humorous toned actor.

Apart from Bicentennial Man, his other works such as JUMANJI and Mrs.Doubtfire were also masterpieces...

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
R.I.P. Robin Williams... :(
Its really upsetting when you read that a comedian dies by suicide. :'(
Mrs.doubtfire, flubber, jumanji and the bicentennial man were great movies.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
from a Disney page.

*scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10507038_10152173536571852_1834307026765612140_o.jpg

:-(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
omg
yep, thought of that depressed clown from Watchmen the second I read it was suicide

such a shame

time to watch patch adams, jumanji, bicentennial man and my favorite the world according to Garp again

rish1

Cyborg Agent
its beyond tragic :( r.i.p reminds me of mera naam joker

i just totally loved him in good will hunting what a masterpiece.. and even in Insomnia,natm great performance

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
*cdn1.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_2362.jpg

*cdn.twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Robin-Williams-Bench-Memorial-on-Boston-01.jpg

Remember this place? Here's where Robin Williams and Matt damon had their conversation in the 'Good will hunting' movie.

People in Boston Are Petitioning for a Bronze Robin Williams Statue

Top Bottom