Acoustic Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
Let me come to the point straight away...

i m looking for a good pair of headphones ....

since im an audiophile.... sound clarity is my priority ...

can anyone suggest a good brand n models { lil noob in this front }

i dont want the normal ones (i've 3 of 'em) ... but the cousioned ones ...
max. price shud b 1200 rs.

Awaitin sum nice info .... :)

sony give good fidelity and noisecancellation but when clarity and bass comes creativ is the best i am using creative and its like listening to a 5.1 theater system ... and it comes with a dolby decoder.... +++

OP
CINTEL ENTRINO

CINTEL ENTRINO

Wat abt this : r wire-less headphones gud in terms of sound qual. ?

*creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=438&product=11644

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
How about Sennheiser? Check thier models here: *www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/category.asp?transid=cat0

Sennheirser models are the ultimate headsets that money can buy, IMO. You'll never want to use any other thing after you start using it. Unfortuntely, it's costly in India. You can ask any one to get it from USA/Canada for you.

OP
CINTEL ENTRINO

CINTEL ENTRINO

wat abt these 2 frm phillips

*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/...&proxybuster=F2G2RGXZJZ2M3J0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/...&proxybuster=F2G2RGXZJZ2M3J0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

Last edited:

hash!!

________
philips is cool... i have a philips 5.1 system (A2.610, i guess thats the model)
and i bought a pair of philips headphones a week back or so... thats a model below the corded ones that u posted a link to... SHP2000...
i had a choice b/w these two... the one u posted is a 100 bucks more than the ones i have... and i read the specs on both their boxes, the only diff is that the SBCHP250/01 has an incredibly long cable... its LONG... 6mts! and a volume control knob... othrwise, the specs r pretty much the same... the sound is pretty damn cool... cool bass at low volumes, decent bass at max volume... and SHP2000 has a cord that has a decent manageable length, but no volume knob... and yes... the sound is totally clear, even when the volume's maxxed.... i like em... :)
but then, u could go up to any music world outlet, they have a lotta headphones for sale out there, pester them a bit if u can check out their sound before u buy em.... i did that... lolz... cuz for 1200 bucks, i guess u can get better stuff too...
i checked the creative ones... they're available for 79sg$.... thats arnd 2300 bucks... thats off the hook lolz... would love to have em someday...
and about cordless headphones, i guess the bass aint reproduced as good... cuz wires are usually better... correct me if im wrong tho, i tried a pair of cordless headphones, and only the treble/vocals seemed nicely reproduced...
hope this helps... :)
cheers

Last edited:

sangram19

Broken In
CINTEL ENTRINO said:
since im an audiophile.... sound clarity is my priority ...

What's the source?

'Audiophile" headphones are really much more than the price you've indicated, you'll have to double that for a pair of Senns, or even triple it for some AKGs.

Real "Audiophile" headphones also need a low-impedance, high current drive, a wimpy little soundcard is not going to cut it. You need a good headphhone amp. Also the best quality comes off a DAC, using a digital output of a soundcard or off USB, into a good tube amp.

Read and read more. This is where you need to go www.head-fi.org

If what you've indicated is all the money you're able to spend, some of the Fontopia may be able to give you halfway decent quality. The problem with closed headphones is a very unreal sound quality as it cannot reproduce any ambience and soundstage. Therefore Fontopia, IIRC they come in at about 1000 bucks-1500 bucks and are pretty good for the money they cost.

But if you're running off the onboard sound of your PC or a Creative soundcard, expect to be disappointed.

I haven't been through all the links - but I did own a pair of closed headphones from Philips and though the quality of sound was not too bad, the leather foam covering starts to rot very quickly. They may have improved, but I'm staying miles away.

As for cordless, forget it. There's nothing there in terms of real quality, and the ones that do deliver on quality cost a lot. I have a pair of cordless Panasonics that cost me a bomb (watch for my audio super sale) that sound great but you pay the price for.

gmanog

Journeyman
sangram19 said:
Read and read more. This is where you need to go www.head-fi.org

Thanks for suggesting a good forum.

I have a sennheiser HD202, but I am not satisfied with the sound it produces. of course its much better than any other ordinary headphones, but its still lacking somewhere (the sound is not natural as i expected it to be).

Ch@0s

In the zone
For that price range, get philips HP840 or HP800. If you want something better, it'll cost you a lot more. 1500 is really not an audiophile's budget. BTW HD202 is probably the saddest headphone sennheiser makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom