Acer BIOS related

dr.mac1990

Right off the assembly line
Dear Digit,

I have a problem with my Acer Travelmate 4750Z, I have forgotten BIOS password i tried to reset BIOS by removing & replacing CMOS Battery. By using command Prompt "debug" but it was not all right. Now OS is not loaded in my Acer Laptop as well as I cannot boot that laptop also due to bios password.

Beside these I have tried to update BIOS by downloading from Acer's official website but there is no new latest update available.

BIOS version is 7.01 & BIOS provider is Phoenix Secure Titanio.

I got comment from Ajit Singha Roy Open the computer case to examine the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery. This battery looks a shiny little disc the size of a nickel. Gently pry the battery from its housing and reinsert the battery after 10 minutes. If this worked and you don't see the password prompt, the problem is fixed. Otherwise, continue with the steps.

Now that the case is already removed, locate the jumpers near the edge of the board or near the CPU or the CMOS battery. Find the label that states "Clear CMOS" or "Clear Password." Place the jumper over the pins and reboot your computer. If this step works, no more steps are needed. If it doesn't work, read on.

Enter a password after receiving the password prompt. If you have an Award BIOS, try: "AWARD PW," "ALFAROME" or "_award" (without quotes). If you have a Phoenix BIOS try: "CMOS," "PHOENIX" or "BIOS" (without quotes).

But this also didn't found. And also I didn't found cealr Cmos or clear password jumper in the motherboard......

How to reset please help me out.............

Top Bottom